Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    +1. AFD is a great fucking record.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
      Everything by Led Zep...Blasphemy I know, I just don't get it...fucking awful.
      I just bought LZ3 last year, when I heard Megadeth were doing a cover of "Out on the Tiles," a song I'd never heard before. That song was good, and yeah, Immigrant Song. Other than that... yeesh, the idle strummery! How Page ever got a reputation as a "guitar hero" with this kind of back catalog, I'll never know!
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
        Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon. I can't stand that album.
        I'd heard all the songs on the radio over the years, of course. But only recently bought the album (to try the synch-up with the Wizard of Oz, which I still haven't done). First time listening to all those tracks in one contiguous arrangement was... strange.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
          AFD is a great COMEDY record. Like a very sly parody/satire of Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, etc. Or maybe I'm giving too much credit.

Comment

I can't think of any proper entries of my own to add here. If I hate the album, I pretty much hate the band (U2 spring to mind instantly).

The opposite side of the coin, however, is the critically slammed record that I thought was the band's best, and I have two examples of that: Jethro Tull's "Under Wraps" and KISS' "Music From the Elder." Both really phenomenal records that even the bands who created them will speak ill of.

Comment

I have never been in able to get into Dream Theater. I can appreciate their talent, but it does nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                +1. Anyone who can sell 25 million records and be butt-ass ugly deserves some respect.

EDIT: That would also include bands like Nirvana
                Last edited by Axewielder; 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  +1. Anyone who can sell 25 million records and be butt-ass ugly deserves some respect.
                  :ROTF: Appetite was the only album from GNR that I liked. The rest weren't worth listening to.

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                  I have never been in able to get into Dream Theater. I can appreciate their talent, but it does nothing for me.
                  I'm with you on this one.

Comment

[quote=JacksonDean;1076678]:ROTF: Appetite was the only album from GNR that I liked. The rest weren't worth listening to.

That album kicked ass. I agree, the rest were pretty much worthless.

Comment

Anything by Nirvana!!!
                      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                        Anything by Nirvana!!!
                        The criteria are:

1 - You like the band
                        2 - Fans love the record, but you don't

Can we make fun of you for being a Nirvana fan now?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                          The criteria are:

1 - You like the band
                          2 - Fans love the record, but you don't

Can we make fun of you for being a Nirvana fan now?
                          Oh you have to like the band? Nevermind my GnR comment. Don't like that band at all.

I guess if thats the deal then I must think a bit.

Radioheads Kid A. Coming off OK Computer how could it go so wrong?

W.A.S.P Inside The Electric Circus. After the first two, they should have called it quits.

Exodus Pleasures Of The Flesh. Can't follow up Bonded By Blood so it was doomed from the start. They made up for it with Fabulous Disaster.

Motley Crue Theater Of Pain. What the fuck were they thinking? A change of image and a change of sound? Sure it brought in the chicks but damn. Just damn.

Tora Toras Wild America. I thought their debut album was freakin' awesome. Second, not so much.

Candlebox Lucy. Another sophomore attempt that fell flat on it's face.
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                            Anything by Nirvana!!!
                            See post #22 above

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              W.A.S.P Inside The Electric Circus. After the first two, they should have called it quits.
                              I wouldn't say that; while it was a fluff CD imo, The Headless Children was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                                Candlebox Lucy. Another sophomore attempt that fell flat on it's face.
                                I agree. I really enjoyed the first album, didn't care for Lucy. I heard their third album was decent, but I never got it.

Another band whose self-titled debut I enjoyed was Spread Eagle. The second album, Open To The Public, was lame.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X