Acclaimed Album...but you hate it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acclaimed Album...but you hate it??

The jump the shark thread reminded me of albums that bands that I like have put out that most people herald as the bands best work , but I just can't get into them.

Megadeth : Rust in Peace, I loved Megadeth up to this point, first band I saw live, played So Far..So Good constantly, couldn't wait for the follow up and ...meh, I just don't get it, I tried , I listened to it over and over, but was lucky to make it all the way through...and to admit hating this album feels like blasphemy , especially as it's considered Megadeths classic, can do no wrong line up but I'm have to say , to me, IT SUCKS BALLS!

Faith No More : Angel dust, again loved The Real Thing, but just didn't get this album at all, I also love the albums that came after (King for a day and Album of the Year).

you guys got any you need to get off your chest?

Yep, with you totally on the Megadeth front, they couldn't do any wrong in my eyes till that LP came out. I don't even know why I hated it so much! Since then, nah, I'll take em or leave em. Leave em mostly!

Are we allowed to mention the other M- band here? You know who I mean, and you know what LP. St Dogpoo. Yuk.

Edit* Actually, scrub that last comment, because that LP was never acclaimed by anyone except a certain Dane with a huge head (and tiny brain).
    Last edited by Rsmacker; 03-25-2008, 03:03 PM.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

...And Justice For All

sucks balls IMO
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
        Faith No More : Angel dust, again loved The Real Thing, but just didn't get this album at all, I also love the albums that came after (King for a day and Album of the Year).
        +1. its wierd

Comment

I don't 'hate' this but I like it a lot less than most people...

Metallica - Master of Puppets

It's good but I like Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All, and The Black Album better than MOP.

My opinion is that MOP is the most overrated metal record of all time (with heavy competition from Slayer... can't stand them) - definitely NOT the best. If I had to pick the best Metallica album it would be Ride The Lightning BY FAR. It has the best tones, playing, and songwriting.

Comment

Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction.

Biggest piece of overrated pap I have ever heard in my life.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Well I do not agree with the opinions above MOP and Rust in Peace are 2 of my fav. albums.

Comment

Pink Floyd- The Wall

I'm a fan of all their stuff up to that point, but I just fucking hate The Wall. I like some of Gilmour's work on it like the Comfortably Numb solo, but other than that I can't stand that album. To me it's just a big ego trip for Waters that ended up bloating his ego even more and led to the breakup of a great band. I can't change the station fast enough when that "We don't need no education" crap starts up, which is still way too often around here.

Comment

Everything by Led Zep...Blasphemy I know, I just don't get it...fucking awful.
                  I've lived with this for some time. When I was at school and I first got into rock music, I started out with Destroyer, Ace Of Spades, Killers, Unleashed In The East etc. I heard the Immigrant Song on the Friday Rock Show and spent all of my paper round money the next day on Led Zep 3 (which was 9 times more expensive than normal albums because of the movable, boring flowery disc thing on the album cover). Well the Immigrant Song lasted 2:25 minutes...then...well put it this way, my sister was into Kajagoogoo at the time and in comparison to Led Zep 3, they fucking rocked.

It didn't end there, I still had the album cover of Led Zep 1 painted onto the back of my Wrangler jacket (could've had Ozzy, Mr Crowley 12 inch cover) and continued to pretend for fucking years that Led Zep were ace. I still have all of their albums, I've even got a really posh box set of everything they've ever done because a friend is still convinced that I'm a Led Zep fan...well I'm not...they are wank...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

yeah gnr were never that brilliant i thought. i liekd a few songs off each album, disregarded the rest....

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                        Oh come now. You mean you like that album?

Comment

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon. I can't stand that album.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Oh come now. You mean you like that album?
                            Yep. Now, please don't bannish me with the fettster.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Yep. Now, please don't bannish me with the fettster.
                              I can do nothing of the sort. fett was self bannished. At least until Natural Ice goes on sale at his local Quicky Mart!

It's Axl's damn voice. I can't stand it. I'd rather put a paper cut on my peehole than listen to him sing a note. Ad that with the mediocre songwritting on that album and it's shit in my book.

But look at all the albums I think are classics being said here.

Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall? Wha? Both classics in my book. The Wall is Pink Floyd at it's best. Everything without Waters is "Floyd Lite" as far as I'm concerned.

Led Zepplin III? I guess if you bought it thinking it was going to be "metal" you might be a little pissed but I think III is one of their best albums. Thats The Way is one of the coolest songs written.

Metallicas Master Of Puppets? Wow. I think thats their best album.

So as you can see, one mans garbage is another mans treasure.

But I always like to say that I liked GnR better when they were Hanoi Rocks. Or The New York Dolls. You have to admit, they were not very original.

EDIT: I just noticed that Sean, they guy who mentioned Led Zepplin, is from England. He gets a pass then. It's wierd to me but Brits have a strange relationship with Led Zepplin.
                              Last edited by Bengal; 03-25-2008, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X