• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

says the man from Newcastle....
    Touche!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      On this I have to agree - Metal is always portrayed in advertising as being for/by a bunch of retards with 1 brain cell yet Rap is always portrayed as "the well-dressed, financially successful, thinking man's music".
      it is? I thought it was by people (portrayed as) from the street, from behind bars, up from the gutter, fully of bullet & stab wounds, who had to fight their way out by any means necessary, to finally achieve success (meaning barely clad women, expensive cars, lavish mansions, garish jewellery & clothes, etc) despite "the man" trying to keep a brother down, and bought by kids from the same background and upper-middle class suburban white kids who wished they were.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

From what I've observed over here, whenever a product being sold (car, shaver, feminine hygeine product) is being construed as "exciting/dynamic", the background music tends toward heavy guitar riffing.

Comment

Yeah nowdays its pop rock for the uplifting go out and buy a car or douchey stuff like feist to go out and buy overpriced coffee and mac stuff

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            it is? I thought it was by people (portrayed as) from the street, from behind bars, up from the gutter, fully of bullet & stab wounds, who had to fight their way out by any means necessary, to finally achieve success (meaning barely clad women, expensive cars, lavish mansions, garish jewellery & clothes, etc) despite "the man" trying to keep a brother down, and bought by kids from the same background and upper-middle class suburban white kids who wished they were.
            That would be Gangsta Rap. I'm talking about the crap that's used to advertise products aside from guns and the local "fresh" clothing store.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X