Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• class action law suits are next..lol...everyone who paid a buck fifty to see a sub par performance are entitled to a refund plus damages.

Endrik...folks here are not the only ones saying that Ed has been hit or miss on this tour. I'd be pissed if I bought $150 tickets for me and my two sons and had Ed perform like some of the videos...my god some of that is terrible and embarrasing to see ed play in that state.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
      class action law suits are next..lol...everyone who paid a buck fifty to see a sub par performance are entitled to a refund plus damages.

Endrik...folks here are not the only ones saying that Ed has been hit or miss on this tour. I'd be pissed if I bought $150 tickets for me and my two sons and had Ed perform like some of the videos...my god some of that is terrible and embarrasing to see ed play in that state.
      A class action lawsuit... great idea. I'm calling my lawyer tomorrow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        here comes my favourite subject "he owes us"
        When people are paying a boatload to see him play, yes, he does FUCKING OWE the fans better than what i've seen in the youtube videos that Bill dug up.

Comment

• Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          WOW!!! Someone actually gets it. VH is charging insance prices for tickets and they are delivering a half assed performance. Don't any of you realize that this tour isn't about the fans... it is about giving Eddie a chance to market his new line of gear and make to make some quick dough. This is why I'm critical... We're not talking about some bar band... this is EVH... the most influencial guitarist of our generation. You guys are way to easily satisfied. I got in the show for free, was in a suite, and had free grub and I was still pissed about paying for the gas I used to get there...

Speaking of bar bands, I've seen plenty around here that routinely turn in better performances.
          You didn't pay and are still bitching? Then you just like bitching. Some people are easily satisfied? That cuts both ways, some are never satisfied.

Nice skeptical outlook there. Yep, not for the fans. Just so Eddie can sell some gear. Then why in hell would he talk out DLR? Why have that headache too if all he's doing is selling gear? Why not get the best Phillipino DLR wannabe like Journey did? Why go through the hassle of touring with DLR if it wasn't for the fans and more importantly, for his son. That's who it was for. Wolfgang.

News flash for you. If Eddie doesn't do another album or tour, he still sells his stuff. He doesn't need to tour to sell EVH amps. There are enough fans to buy his stuff. Tour or no tour.

But bitch all you want. Call me a fanboy. Do your worst. All I know is anyone who bitchs about something free has bigger issues.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
            When people are paying a boatload to see him play, yes, he does FUCKING OWE the fans better than what i've seen in the youtube videos that Bill dug up.
            What does he owe the person who got in for free? Who didn't pay shit for the ticket?

Comment

• if you charge someone a fee for something and do not deliver, thats ripping off
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I'm not sure what to believe but I heard on the radio today that it's just postponed. Here is a clip from the web that states the same.

Despite reports to the contrary, sources with Van Halen tell Billboard the band's tour is not being canceled, though tonight's (March 3) scheduled show at the American Airlines Center in Dallas has been postponed and rescheduled for April 24.

Three other dates have been postponed while Eddie Van Halen undergoes medical tests: Cincinnati (March 5) is rescheduled for April 22; Raleigh, N.C. (March 7) is rescheduled for April 13; and Baltimore (March 9) is rescheduled for April 15. The source says the outing picks up on March 11 in Charlottesville, Va. Tickets for the scrapped dates will be honored at the new shows.

Van Halen, who has battled cancer and substance abuse, "is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures," reads a statement from the group's management. No further details were given.

More here.
                http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003718728

Comment

• I heard something about a broken finger. Don't know if it's true or who had the broken finger.

Who defines if a band delivered or not? That's a pretty subjective test there.

Comment

• Fans begged for this tour for 20 years. The stars converged so to speak and Dave and Ed were at a place in their lives where they thought they could handle it. Everyone around them that feeds from the trough smelled the money. You think many folks said, "hey guys this is too soon"? Ed doesn't know how long he's gonna be around, and no one else does either. He's a shadow of his formal self, of course. If you didn't know this, you weren't a really a fan. I've seen disappointing shows, but I've never gone for some kind of refund. Live is live.

Like anyone else, Ed knows he's dying. We all end. Deep down, I think most alcoholics and smokers know they're burning it at both ends. I can't fault him for trying to cash in for the sake of his son, his wife and his health and happiness. Let the rainmaker make the rain if he wants to. People pay to watch lip-synched pop shows, ffs. I don't get that. I'd much rather watch a legend lose it live, on youtube, in person, whatever, man. He might not last another year on this planet.

Now for the half stack thing, to me it looks like he was trying to crush his sound guy or tech. He's pushing it AWAY from Roth, the head falls, he thinks it's coming down, but without the weight of the head it swings the other way. The potential energy of the cabs takes over and Roth is almost crushed. Seriously those idiots on his crew have been fucking him in the ass, I don't know where they learned their craft, but they seem like hacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      I heard something about a broken finger. Don't know if it's true or who had the broken finger.

Who defines if a band delivered or not? That's a pretty subjective test there.
                      So THAT explains it... his fingers have been broken the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by åron View Post
                        Fans begged for this tour for 20 years. The stars converged so to speak and Dave and Ed were at a place in their lives where they thought they could handle it. Everyone around them that feeds from the trough smelled the money. You think many folks said, "hey guys this is too soon"? Ed doesn't know how long he's gonna be around, and no one else does either. He's a shadow of his formal self, of course. If you didn't know this, you weren't a really a fan. I've seen disappointing shows, but I've never gone for some kind of refund. Live is live.

Like anyone else, Ed knows he's dying. We all end. Deep down, I think most alcoholics and smokers know they're burning it at both ends. I can't fault him for trying to cash in for the sake of his son, his wife and his health and happiness. Let the rainmaker make the rain if he wants to. People pay to watch lip-synched pop shows, ffs. I don't get that. I'd much rather watch a legend lose it live, on youtube, in person, whatever, man. He might not last another year on this planet.

Now for the half stack thing, to me it looks like he was trying to crush his sound guy or tech. He's pushing it AWAY from Roth, the head falls, he thinks it's coming down, but without the weight of the head it swings the other way. The potential energy of the cabs takes over and Roth is almost crushed. Seriously those idiots on his crew have been fucking him in the ass, I don't know where they learned their craft, but they seem like hacks.
                        Com'on now... Ed's a pro and has been doing this for what 30 yrs? He should be able to overcome the small technical issues that arise. He is blaming others for his recent lack of ability.

As far as Ed dying, yeah he had cancer. But wouldn't you agree that he hasn't done a whole lot to help his situation? Smoking and drinking heavily aren't exactly the best ways to achieve health and happiness.

I know I've been hard on him, but believe me, I would love nothing more than to see the guy rise above his issues and kick ass.

Comment

• The tour is back on.Check out MelodicRock.com....................
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Com'on now... Ed's a pro and has been doing this for what 30 yrs? He should be able to overcome the small technical issues that arise. He is blaming others for his recent lack of ability.

As far as Ed dying, yeah he had cancer. But wouldn't you agree that he hasn't done a whole lot to help his situation? Smoking and drinking heavily aren't exactly the best ways to achieve health and happiness.

I know I've been hard on him, but believe me, I would love nothing more than to see the guy rise above his issues and kick ass.
                            Ed is doing what he knows, as far as the drinking and smoking. He's been addicted to nicotine and alcohol since he was a teenager. Maybe to him, cutting out the cocaine is about all he can handle. I don't know. No one knows what's going on in his head. He's damaged, and needs some help, but you can't reach some people. They have to find their own way. Watching someone hitting bottom isn't fun, but it's gotta happen.

Comment

• I'm sorry that you are swinging from EVH's nuts and you can't stand to hear how pathetic he has become. Don't call me a troll for pointing that out for ya.

I'm really not all that concerned about how you like my guitar playing OR the way I look. I understand that talking shit to people on an internet message board is your way of feeling like a man. Maybe you were beat up alot as kid? Small penis?

Comment

I'm sorry that you are swinging from EVH's nuts and you can't stand to hear how pathetic he has become. Don't call me a troll for pointing that out for ya.

I'm really not all that concerned about how you like my guitar playing OR the way I look. I understand that talking shit to people on an internet message board is your way of feeling like a man. Maybe you were beat up alot as kid? Small penis?
                                So what is bashing Eddie off a youtube video then? I did to you what you did to him.

I really don't swing from his nuts. I'm rather surprised I'm even in this fight. I feel for the man because of his addictions. That hits close to home. So I was drawn in because of that. Then stayed in for all this. I have no idea why.

If I swing from any nuts it's Ace Frehley's and Steve Vai's nuts.

I'll say it one more time, he wasn't pathetic when he played here in Des Moines. The show I paid for. So you really didn't point out anything to me. Other than you hate Eddie. Or do you? You seem to go both ways.

I didn't listen to your guitar playing so I can't comment on that. You were the one that brought up the open mouth so I clicked on it to see what you looked like. That's it. I have no opinion on your guitar playing. Maybe if you were in Van Halen or another band that actually toured.

Thats a nice and common trick to bring up me talking shit when you have the whole thread. Then say I was beat up or whatever. That says endgame to me. That means you're done with any kind of plausable arguement. You're spent. Done deal.
                                Last edited by Bengal; 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM. Reason: grammar correction. One of many, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X