Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any truth to the tour being cancelled? TMZ removed the that story. There is a show in Dallas tonight and they were saying on the radio it was still on but were taking bets
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I was just reading the comments on blabbermouth. BM reported it with a question mark. Not saying it was true.

TMZ has become an interesting entity. This is not their normal fare. But usually they are spot on with the facts. Just that it's stupid shit about Britney or Amy Winehouse.

Would be funny if it's bullshit. But as you can see from the posts, most thought it was coming. Truth is most of us were waiting for it.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Just a few comments after skimming the thread-

- I agree with whoever said we need someone besides TMZ to report this before we should take it too seriously.

- I'm actually pretty proud of Ed for keeping it together as long as he did. Steve made a great point that the road is probably the worst place for anyone who is trying to stay clean right after a short rehab stint. Imagine trying not to drink when every night, before and after every show, you are surrounded by people partying like it's one of the biggest nights of the year for them. Every trigger to drink or do drugs is being pushed hard. I was honestly expecting him to crash & burn right out of the gate, and he really showed me something.

- From the clips I've seen, Ed had quite a few great nights and some real stinkers. Agreed that the solo spots weren't too cohesive and he wasn't perfect even in the "on night" clips that I saw, but having seen him twice in '80 & '81, I don't think perfection was ever what he was about. Both shows I saw back in the day were sloppy in places (Roth moreso than Ed) but were still great. This isn't Dream Theater we're talking about.

- If this is the end of this tour, I hope he goes right back into treatment instead of waiting, and I hope he's able to draw something positive from the experience of how well things went for the part of the tour that he did keep it together.

Comment

Looks like the Dallas show is postponed. American Airlines center just posted on the front page of their site.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEHt...eature=related
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thursday April 24th is the rescheduled date for Dallas.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                Face it, EVH has sucked on this tour, plain and simple. Go on youtube and see for yourself. I'm just relating my experience. This is still a discussion board right? I'm dicussing my opinion. Sorry you don't like it... Ignore my posts they upset you. I have a tissue for you if you need it...

As far as calling EVH an alcoholic, I'd say the evidence is of that is pretty well documented as well.

"Alot more credible people have been quite happy with their concerts..." Well, I guess I just have higher standards when it comes to my influences than they do. As far as credibilty, who are you to question how "credible" I am? I'm not the worlds foremost authority on guitar playing and guitar players, but I'd say I have a pretty good idea of when someone turns in a good performance and when they don't.

I suppose you consider your opinion more "credible" than mine right? You're a joke.
                VH sucked on every friggin concert is based on your ONE concert experience and a punch of shit on youtube....

listen to yourself....

and those who think otherwise... you say they were drunk... I could take this as an insult but I wont because this is the stupidest shit I've read in a while

I bet all the big studios are looking for an expert like you to become the next hot shot producer
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                  Thursday April 24th is the rescheduled date for Dallas.
                  Hey that's a day before my birfday..take me!

E..!!!!

This is for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEHt...eature=related

I'm finding lots of stuff!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    I hope all you guys bashing Ed never, ever have to go through what he's going through with his addiction. You guys think it so fuckin' easy to just quit when you have an addiction. I feel sorry for him. I really feel sorry for Wolfie. Too bad he had to watch his dad go down the drain every night. That must be hard for him.

But the rest of you guys? If you haven't walked in those shoes, shut the fuck up already.

Don't like him? That's cool. But I feel we are watching the downfall of one of the best guitarists in history. If that doesn't make you a bit sad, you are heartless.

He played good here in Des Moines. I guess we were lucky. I wish he would just go back home, live the quiet life, and get himself together. He's done enough for us, hasn't he? Where would all you bitching crybabys be without Eddie? Not here, I bet.
                    I agree totally but some people feel good about themselves when they constantly point out the weaknesses in other people.

I guess people are experts on other people's lives when they suck at their own
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      VH sucked on every friggin concert is based on your ONE concert experience and a punch of shit on youtube....

listen to yourself....

and those who think otherwise... you say they were drunk... I could take this as an insult but I wont because this is the stupidest shit I've read in a while

I bet all the big studios are looking for an expert like you to become the next hot shot producer
                      Id let him produce my album before Id let EVH near it. Although Id let ED play on my album before the other guy

Like I said before ED has too many demons to deal with before he should have went on tour. He still loves VAL alot and needs to deal with the pain of it all. Part of the 12 steps is going back to deal with the crap you caused and making it right. Val is tellin his business and im sure he hates it. He is a private person and we all know this. ED came out of rehab and went on a tour at the same time trying to get his new EVH brand off the ground. Thats alot of stress. ED is a mess.

Y'all know ED may not be able to deal with his insecurities about his playing. What if he realizes his game isnt what it used to be?? What if he sees the curtain falling on his career? We all know alcahol masks something right? Ive been a raging drunk and I know its not easy to get free but ED has every resource at his disposal and refuses to use them.

Comment

Wow..I wanna kiss this kid on top of the head, take him for ice cream and adopt him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jqABre7ug

He's cute!

Comment

Sorry guys, EVH is an embarrassing mess these days. It is a shame, but it is what is is. Stop living in denial.

Nice try with the attacks on me though... Do you feel tough now?

Comment

officially the Dallas show at the AAC has been posponed until 4/25...buddy had/has tickets for tonights show (3/3)
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003718728
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tiger Woods is joining Van Halen..?

Tim Owens with Yngwie..now this..wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X