Why is oil above $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woman_Driver View Post
    How much is it for a liter of petrol (gas) in the states, on average?

About .80 cents a litre.

Comment

Clearly you should have found a diesel love van and converted it to vegetable oil!

If only we had the foresight to spend our wealth on energy independence. It's too bad we're all so entrenched in this oil clusterfuck. About the best I could do was buy a Honda. Assembled in the USA, 32-38mpg still fun to drive. I don't know what else to do. We're locked into the status quo until something seriously hits the fan.

*&%^&*$^%*&%#QQ!!!!

Comment

Well. my van is a 3/4 tonner. There is plenty of room for batteries.:ROTF: But, I think I'll let 5 people to be Green so I can be fett.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Woman_Driver View Post
          How much is it for a liter of petrol (gas) in the states, on average?

Here in New York, the current gas price is $3.259 per gallon. That converts to 1.672 GBP per gallon. At 3.8 liters per gallon, that is $.857 and .44 GBP per liter.
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Bush needs to increase his profit before he leaves office.. or is that Dick.
            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Speculators (ie, BushSr and his business partners) use the "unrest in the Middle East" to keep the price of oil high. Unrest which is, oddly, in a country that doesn't produce oil (Afghanistan) and a country that has never provided more than 1% of our usage (Iraq). Unjustified is putting it mildly.

Although, not to say that jack-offs like Chavez don't try to leech their share, also.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

My dad says that since Bush has been in office that they've closed down 300 refineries.
                "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

I paid $3.05/gallon today.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

We have 20 cents more tax here in NY so gas is $3.19-$3.29.

Comment

The province I live in is a net exporter of oil and we are paying about $3.72/gallon when I factor in the exchange rate so don't feel so bad. The higher oil goes the higher the Canadian dollar goes and the cheaper all of those cool American built guitars and amps become. The appreciation of the Canadian dollar has probably offset the Jackson Custom Shop price increase by now. So high oil prices = cheaper guitars and that is a good thing.

Comment

2.75 in phoenix today
                        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
                          Bush needs to increase his profit before he leaves office.. or is that Dick.
                          I guess that's a joke...
                          Either one of them could have done a lot better with a certain stock in the steel industry, than say, Haliburton.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
                            My dad says that since Bush has been in office that they've closed down 300 refineries.
                            192 to be exact, but that number is misleading.

According to the DOE, In 1981, the US had 324 refineries with a total capacity of 18.6 million barrels per day.
                            Today, there are just 132 oil refineries with a capacity of 16.8 million barrels per day.
                            That's only a net loss of 1.8 million barrels per day of refining capacity.

A lot of those refineries that were shut down were either too outdated to update or failed financially.

Remember, it's cheaper to expand an existing refinery that it is to build a new one.
                            The new refinery planned for here in AZ has a price tag of $2.5 billion dollars. Yes, that's a "B" in there.
                            -Rick

Comment

Keep in mind you have millions of Chinese & Indians who are making middle class money for the first time in history and are buying automobiles, thereby increasing global demand for refined gasoline. You conspiracy nuts can whine all you want, but it all comes down to supply & demand.

I'm actually glad gas is going up: Combine this news with increased repos (at least here in California), the price of used V8 luxury cars are gonna drop like a rock! And I'm in the market. Plus, my office is 1.7 miles away from my house. Heh.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Keep in mind you have millions of Chinese & Indians who are making middle class money for the first time in history and are buying automobiles, thereby increasing global demand for refined gasoline. You conspiracy nuts can whine all you want, but it all comes down to supply & demand.

I'm actually glad gas is going up: Combine this news with increased repos (at least here in California), the price of used V8 luxury cars are gonna drop like a rock! And I'm in the market. Plus, my office is 1.7 miles away from my house. Heh.
                                Saweet! Pick me up at the airport in that new Bentley, would ya? Or maybe one of those fancy Lincolns Towncars
                                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                                X