No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray is the winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
      Betamax, the consumer video format and Betacam, the most widely used professional analog format, are two quite different formats. We have a Betacam deck at the station and still use it for dubbing commercials and playing certain shows. When we miss a movie feed, they usually send us a Beta version. The machines we have most of are DVC Pro decks which is what we shoot on. Right now we're at about 35% Beta, 25% analog sat, and 40% digital feed, apart from our network content.
      Quite true. Both came from the same "idea" but are different formats...

Better get off that DVC Pro soon. That's what we shoot on to but are slowly moving to Hi Def. Don't really know how that equates camera wise. Don't know what kind of "tape" there will be, if at all. I don't keep up on the photog side of my job. Only when they shoot shit video do I really care what they are doing...

We have no Betacam decks at all. If it can't come on DVC Pro, we won't air it. I'm glad too. About time for that to go bye-bye...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

We just aired one block in HD last week. The amount of work it took for that one block was amazing...

Our station really wants to be the first to do local newscasts in HD, they see it as a way to take loyal viewers from the other stations. They may be right. But the overall cost is huge. You have to replace everything. Our switcher, a Grass Valley Kalipso, is not that old. Maybe 5 years old? A new one would be a huge cost. So they may talk all they want, I'll believe it when they are installing the new switcher...

I direct and punch/switch the 6pm newscast. I started doing tape, a job thats not around anymore. Moved up to audio and chyron. Then learned to direct. I love the job. It's the same everyday but different...

Master is boring. I feel for you. And cutting a show is cool but the noon shows are usually dull. They are at my station...
          Last edited by Bengal; 02-26-2008, 10:42 PM.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
          X