Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADR View Post
    All Pizza outside NY, is a copy.
    I have to respectfully, yet vehemently, disagree with you on that. Chicago-style Deep Dish pizza is ALL Chicago.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
      All Pizza outside NY, is a copy. Our Pizza is still made by Italian imigrants and the oldschool ovens from the old country are still being used, which makes our pizza the best and they way it's supposed to be made.

kings31: Your ever in UpState NY, you get ahold of me.I'm Italian and my MOM's been making Pizza over 40+ yrs. .every Friday.

I made this. .very simple "Margaret Pizza",3 colors of the Flag.
      I'm hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        I have to respectfully, yet vehemently, disagree with you on that. Chicago-style Deep Dish pizza is ALL Chicago.
        +1. 5 hours away from the best Pizza in the world...

ADR,
        That is a beautiful pizza there. Any meat on that fucker?
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I have to respectfully, yet vehemently, disagree with you on that. Chicago-style Deep Dish pizza is ALL Chicago
          +1

Comment

find a place wich is owned by the new yorkers and who use evian instead of tap water
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Someone said Shakey's? Damn, that was long ago and far away. (Rochester, NY).
              And we have Sbarro's here in South Carolina. Chain. Pizzas are ok, but the clazones are better.
              I like Chicago deep dish style, but the best pizza I ever had came from a little rathole place in Dansville,NY. Jack's Place. Something about those 'shrooms, and even without, a great taste.
              I blame California for those weird creations like sushi pizza, carribean style, seaweed specials, etc.

Comment

Last time I was in Florida I remember eating a couple times at a chain called Uno something or rather, and they had pretty good pizza. Unfortunately they seem afraid to cross the border.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  do not eat pizza in california.

tommy, you silly kookeroni, chicago style pizza rules all. you can get ny style in any mall.

sully

Do not eat pizza in Florida either.

Chicago pizza is not. please.....

Rensselaer County (upstate NY) or down in the city, pizza it's so good it will make you cry.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

All you NY vs Chicago and fast food pizza mavens step aside and let the man in the thread title speak!

Interesting timing, kings, as I had pizza for dinner last night, and had the leftovers today for lunch. I love pizza and have eaten at lots of places -- from cardboard tasting fast food places to upscale eateries -- including in cities such as Milan, Italy (it sucked ).

I have eaten at a few of these places:
                    http://cityguide.aol.com/orangecounty/bestpizza

but it seems a lot of 'em are hit & miss. Several of those places are also lacking in ambience (most are in strip malls and lack good, comfortable seating). This sounds like it may be a nicer occasion for you & your family?

California Pizza Kitchen may be interesting (lots of unusual, "gourmet" style toppings)
                    http://www.cpk.com/

but my recommendation goes to ..... drum roll please..... BJ's Brewhouse

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/index.html

very popular, slightly upscale, with large, high ceilinged (& usually crowded) rooms

and the deep dish pizza is totally awesome IMO

and lots of OC locations

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations.aspx?qst=sca

Buon appetito!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

agreed, for the new york being the most authentic. fuck chain pizza. americanized shit. best pizza i ever had was in rome. very close to true italian pizza here in the states. or check out pepe's in new haven ct. used to make the trip there about once a month. nothing beats a clam pizza.
                      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I make a point of eating pizza in BOTH Chicago and New York. Which is better? They're different. Though Chicago can be a little more hit-or-miss, while New Yorkers burn down any pizza stand not up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          Someone said Shakey's? Damn, that was long ago and far away. (Rochester, NY).
                          And we have Sbarro's here in South Carolina. Chain. Pizzas are ok, but the clazones are better.
                          I like Chicago deep dish style, but the best pizza I ever had came from a little rathole place in Dansville,NY. Jack's Place. Something about those 'shrooms, and even without, a great taste.
                          I blame California for those weird creations like sushi pizza, carribean style, seaweed specials, etc.
                          Even we have Sbarro here. Seriously.

Btw, the pizza that I have eaten in Italy was..not nice. Way too thin so that it can't even be cut with a knife! I ordered pizza in a few different cities and I decided that the Italians know no shit about making pizza

Yeah,I know that it's supposed to be thin in its original form.
                          Last edited by Norton; 02-09-2008, 08:11 AM.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

original Italian (neapolitan) pizza had a very thick crust, thin pizza tradition started in NY
                            Last edited by Endrik; 02-09-2008, 08:28 AM.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                              Where in SoCal was Barro's?
                              Diamond Bar / Walnut / Rowland Heights.

That was 20 years ago. There isn't anyone left in that area that speaks english any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                I make a point of eating pizza in BOTH Chicago and New York. Which is better? They're different.
                                +1000

Two completely different things. It's crazy to argue about it, imo. One is more about the crust, the other is more about the toppings. Then the toppings go on in a completely different order, which makes them cook differently. It's like trying to argue whether manicotti or lasagna is better. Which do you prefer? I prefer New York style, but a good deep dish pizza is awesome, and I can't wait to have some in May when I get back up there. One thing I will say is that I've never had really good deep dish pizza outside of Chicago (the Pizzeria Uno chain pizza is especially horrible, and has nothing to do with the real thing), but I've had great NY style pizza all over, including in Chicago.

As for where the best pizza comes from, there's a place in Phoenix called Pizza Bianco that has been rated the best by a few different magazines, the Food Network, and a book written by a NY food critic. The owner is a NY transplant. He imports the flour from Sicily, makes his own cheese, and grows most of the herbs & veggies right there.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/dining/...izza14-CP.html

Comment

Working...
                                X