No announcement yet.

Building myself a scale model aircraft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought 6 unused post cards two days ago. Planes. Baby. 2 are P51's flying next to the white cliffs of Dover. 2 are a P51 and a P47 in the clouds. And 2 a B17 over East Anglia. They are just great pics. What a small world.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The P-51 is given favourite, of course!

But then there are the P-40 and the P-47...both absolutely badass! I really like the big and rugged fighter planes. On the British side, there were the Hawker Typhoon and its successor; the Tempest.

Comment

I was also a big fan of the Grumman F6F Hellcat...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Can't forget the Grumman F8F bearcat either, although it was a little to late to see action in World War II, the plane was a beast, still holds prop driven climb rate record.

Comment

My favorites from WWII:

P51D
            FW190 D9
            ME-262

What happened to dogfights on the History Channel? I loved that show. Military channel is very good also.

Comment

And I live 20 miles north of The Museum of Flight. In Seattle. That place is so kickass. What frosted my balls is that the greatest fighter ever made is displayed wrong. It should have a place of honor on the floor. The P38
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Well you are doing well by the looks of it. What are you painting with?.. airbrush or normal modeling brush?

Comment

Ahem!

Spitfire, Hurricane, Typhoon, Mosquito, Fury.

Britain built some kick-ass planes too.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that I used to build these models too. I haven't done one in a few years though. The Stuka was always one of my favourites.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    The Stuka was always one of my favourites.
                    Thanks. You're not so bad yourself, Zeegs.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                      Thanks. You're not so bad yourself, Zeegs.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Dogfights in on right now. 8 P51D's kicking 38 ME109 asses.

Comment

Those are lots of fun to build and fly, have fun with it.

Comment

I've actually built an Me 109 in 1:24 way back.
                            It was an Airfix model if I remember correctly. My brother got a Spitfire in the same scale.
                            I've been thinking about getting back into building models but they occupy too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              I think Norway had 109's during WWII. They had the Norway cross. I may be wrong.
                              I believe you may be thinking of the Finns...

The 109 was a beautiful machine. Not as pretty as a Spitfire, but it had that functional and aggressive vibe to it.
                              Last edited by Snoogans; 02-05-2008, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                And I live 20 miles north of The Museum of Flight. In Seattle. That place is so kickass. What frosted my balls is that the greatest fighter ever made is displayed wrong. It should have a place of honor on the floor. The P38
                                Another fantastic machine. In fact, the second most awesome aircraft ever to be called "Lightning"

Comment

Working...
                                X