No announcement yet.

Building myself a scale model aircraft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building myself a scale model aircraft.

A Messerschmitt BF109 E to be exact and it's by far the biggest of the ones in my collection. Because it's a 1:24 scale which makes for a rather sized package.

To show off just how big, here it is with a 1:72 scale example and a 1:48 scale example.

And here it is with just the 1:48 standing closeby.

As evident in this picture is that the cockpithood and the engine cover of the large one aren't glued on yet.

if all goes well It'll end up looking like this.

I love doing this though

I may try doing real ones if my GPA stays over 3.60 in the second semester. Cause if it does, I'm gonna have a transfer to Aerospace Engineering in another college.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

OMG, I just saw a swastika.:ROTF:

Looking good so far. 1/48 is a great scale for model fighters. Big enough for decent detail, but not gigantic.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I love models. I did the Stuka. I bought a B-25 model for $25. The upside is it was a balsa model. The downside was it had a 5 foot wingspan.:ROTF: It would have cost me hundreds of dollars to build it.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yeah! You better not put a swastika on that. Someone might be offended...

Kidding...

Nice work there. I love WWII aircraft. But where's the F4U-Corsair? Corvette of planes that one was...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I think Norway had 109's during WWII. They had the Norway cross. I may be wrong.

Comment

I used to build plenty of kits when I was a kid. I still love the old war birds of WWII, and the 109 was always a favourite!

My best looking kit was a 109E, but I did the tropical version, with the desert campaign camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                Nice work there. I love WWII aircraft. But where's the F4U-Corsair? Corvette of planes that one was...
                The Corsair you say?

"the covette" of all planes you say? Funny but on almost all sites that mention the Corsair former pilots go on and on about the "Bent wing bastard" how difficult it was to taxy and how it's fast landing speed made it not a particulary suited naval aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  I think Norway had 109's during WWII. They had the Norway cross. I may be wrong.
                  I think you're wrong. And I have no idea what a "norway cross" is supposed to be, but since Germany occupied Norway and Denmark, there probably were plenty of German aircraft stationed there. I have no idea if the german squadrons there had country specific insignias though.

Comment

Whatever the Norway flag is. I may I have been thinking Swiss. But they were neutral. And making money.:ROTF:

Comment

Blazer,
                      Have you never driven a Corvette? Hard to get into, rough as hell ride, and not comfortable at all. But they look damn cool. That's why I call the Corsair the Vette of WWII planes...

It certainly had a big effect in the pacific. Flew well against the Zeros. Fast and well equiped...

But if we are talking the European campaign, it's all about the P-51 Mustang...

Comment

I was at the beach in Cal way back when. I heard this really loud aircraft noise. It was a P-51 flying down the coast about 200 yards out at about 200 feet. It was just a sight/sound thing I will never forget.

Comment

Looks cool, I am into RC planes, here are some pics of my P51D Mustang, 48" wingspan.

Here are some more pics

Comment

There are a lot of cool WWII planes, Im surprised No one mentiomed the p-51
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

scotty,
                              Do you actually READ these threads or just scroll to the bottom and make the call? Check my post 3 posts above yours...

Comment

Working...
                              X