• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Fight The Good Fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QI_lQjf1eo&feature=user

Comment

i was waiting for the Triumph VS Rush thing to pop up...hahahaa always does

both great bands...Rush takes the bass and Drums category, Triumph the Vocals and guitar category { this is strictly IMO }

alex is a great guitar player but Rik is way more Versatile..shred, blues,classical , Jazz , Flamenco...Rik can play it all...

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          That was awesome. Gotta love the 4 man power trio.

Comment

Well, looks like a big tour in 2009 and an interesting reason for the tour. Much respect...

From Blabbermouth

The reunited TRIUMPH — featuring guitarist Rik Emmett alongside drummer Gil Moore and bassist Mike Levine — will follow up its appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival in June with a couple of dates in July at venues yet to be determined, then spend a year gearing up for a major world tour beginning in the summer of 2009.

According to TheStar.com, the TRIUMPH shadow has hung for more than 20 years over Emmett, but nothing — not the promise of money, nor the efforts of friends and advisers to engineer a reconciliation with his estranged bandmates, Moore and Levine — could have lured him back into the arena-rock vortex.

Until, that is, the recent cancer-related death of his younger brother, a longtime fan of the Toronto trio that broke out of the club scene in the mid-1970s and rose to international stardom through the 1980s before calling it quits.

Emmett, Moore and Levine have spent the subsequent two decades bickering and sniping at each other in public and lawyer's offices.

"Yeah, well ... life's too short, and I did make this promise to my brother before he died," Emmett said.

Read more at TheStar.com.
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              Rik couldn't handle creative differences with Gil Moore and Mike Levine. He wouldn't last one album with Neil Peart and Geddy Lee, especially since Neil pretty much writes ALL the lyrics. He is a better player than Alex, but Alex fits better in Rush.
              Haha. Both of those guys should thank god that they were in a band with rik.
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I heard Rik Emmet's balls fell off and can't sing from years of wrapping elastic bands around his scrotum, which was the secret to his trademark falsetto.

Comment

Never Surrender!

I always liked Triumph - Rush? not so much....
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Never Surrender!

I always liked Triumph - Rush? not so much....
                    Did someone mention Rush?

Too sophisticated for you, Ron.
                    I like both bands-to my taste Rush has a much more
                    diversified catalog of tunes.

Comment

I always liked both,but each in a different way.Triumph is(was)? more of a rock band and Rush just has always kinda pushed the progressive envelope.Not that Rush does'nt rock,just more of an absract way of getting their point across.Each are great,I have never been to a bad show of either one.............
                      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Never thought this would ever happen in a million years. Id go see them in a flash. The shows I saw in the 80's were great.

Triumph was a good solid rock band and all, but I would say Rush was a more important band, much more unique. Lifeson wrote the coolest riffs and parts, like a fountain, just one after another. I dont think his contributions to Rush can be overstated. He was not just a sidekick to the other two.

Comment

Working...
                        X