Triumph Reunites..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Reunites..........

I read on Melodic Rock that Triumph is reuniting for a Festival in Sweden.Never thought it would happen......................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Man o man!!
    One of my fav rock bands!!
    R. Emmet is WAY under estimated
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
      Man o man!!
      One of my fav rock bands!!
      R. Emmet is WAY under estimated
      +1

Comment

Triumph is a good band but try watching the US Festival DVD without laughing your ass off. Man, those guys could play but they couldn't dress to save their life...

Someone needs to tell Rik to put that guitar a little lower. Up high like that looks pretty lame...

They were good. Rush is better...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Cool! I remember seeing Triumph live in the late 80's. Great band.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            Triumph is a good band but try watching the US Festival DVD without laughing your ass off. Man, those guys could play but they couldn't dress to save their life...

Someone needs to tell Rik to put that guitar a little lower. Up high like that looks pretty lame...

They were good. Rush is better...
            I guess I'm partial to Canadian trios.
            Not to knock Alex Lifeson, but I've always wondered how
            Rik Emmett would sound in his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              I guess I'm partial to Canadian trios.
              Not to knock Alex Lifeson, but I've always wondered how
              Rik Emmett would sound in his place.
              Interesting thought. While I love Lifeson, I've always thought he was third in that tallent race...

Comment

I live for the weekend!
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  Interesting thought. While I love Lifeson, I've always thought he was third in that tallent race...
                  Rik couldn't handle creative differences with Gil Moore and Mike Levine. He wouldn't last one album with Neil Peart and Geddy Lee, especially since Neil pretty much writes ALL the lyrics. He is a better player than Alex, but Alex fits better in Rush.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rik at a small local bar in Atlanta a few months back:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      Rik couldn't handle creative differences with Gil Moore and Mike Levine. He wouldn't last one album with Neil Peart and Geddy Lee, especially since Neil pretty much writes ALL the lyrics. He is a better player than Alex, but Alex fits better in Rush.

Ah, well. Just speculating. Alex fits alright, but it's an acquired taste.
                      (Actually, Rush is an acquired taste). Sometimes it seems like Alex's solos just go off on a tangent, where Rik is a bit more technical. Especially his later work. I agree, AFAIK, personalities would collide. Alex is a great person.

Comment

Cool! He's great. I was browsing youtube a while back & found a couple of cool old vids of Rik & Bruce Cockburn playing some acoustic stuff together, and was wondering what's up with him these days.

Comment

he's a killer guitar player! hope it turns into a bigger tour!

Comment

While Rik may be more proficient, nothing beats the solo in Limelight. That thing gives me shivers...

Comment

Rik is amazing and his voice is just as strong as it was in the 80's. I hope this actually happens, I would love to see them again.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X