Good verizon phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
    * When it comes to thin form factors, the battery life is generally shorter. It really has nothing much to do with the battery as much as the form factor that causes this. The smaller devices have a tendency to run hotter and this is the reason the batteries need charged more frequently. The phone can not decipitate the heat as well.
    That's why I got the Moto V365. It's a little thicker and looks more like a Nextel, but it has amazing battery life.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      Wow Lou. Thanks! So, the Motorola 385 gets the from you? We plan to check that one out this weekend.
      Yeah, I sell alot of them to my corporate customers and they appear to be working well. Of course, you get the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee if you go through VZW corporate stores, telelsales or online service. You dont like it, trade it in for another model. You can only do the trade once though.

If you go through some of these private online stores and indirect agents, they probably do not honor certain policies and/or have different restrictions. Please get all the details first before you go through anything other than VZW corporate.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Motorola and LG phones are crap!

Do you guys have Sony Ericsson phones over there? I currently use a SE K800i (before it was a K610i and a K750i) Never had any problems at all. Sony Ericsson have improved heaps the past 2-3 Years (I also had a SE K600i which was a piece of shit...that was the older style SE's). I highly recommend SE phones

Nokia is another good brand too.

Just get a SE or Nokia that is unlocked (in other words make sure its not locked to any networks, so if you want to change providers again in the future but want to keep the same phone etc) and then get a sim card from a provider of your choice.
        Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
        Fender Stratocaster (2006)
        Jackson PC-1 (2012)
        Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
        Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
        Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

Yes, we have SE phones here... everyone I've ever owned was a huge POS and was returned within days of getting it.
          Poor reception and built like a toy.

Nokia's are great phones, but the good ones are not cheap.
          My Motorola RAZR is a great phone.
          I keep it as a backup phone now.
          -Rick

Comment

I like my Venus VX8800 I didnt think I would use all the features of the Voyager.
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=FC2ciKYRxpA
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Yes, we have SE phones here... everyone I've ever owned was a huge POS and was returned within days of getting it.
              Poor reception and built like a toy.

Nokia's are great phones, but the good ones are not cheap.
              +1

I've had three SE phones with AT&T and they all had problems. one fell from about 2 feet height onto a carpeted floor and stopped working. Somehow the choice of Nokia's offered by verizon are not so appealing.

I went ahead and ordered the motorola W385's from letstalk.com. They should be here tomorrow. We'll see how good they are.
              Sam

Comment

The W385's are nice...like a pregnant RAZR with a few tweaks.
                -Rick

Comment

I always thought our LGs were built well. My old VX8000 took a lot of abuse in the couple years I had it; falling down the drive way, getting dropped, and ending up kicked around on the car floor a few times. Likewise, my brother and dad were also both hard on their Motorolas (my brother often took his out to the field when he worked for Delaware GIS), and my dad had his around in a power plant (he finally broke the speaker in his when he dropped it in the car and accidentally stepped on it)

Comment

Nokia makes nice phones, but, not many for CDMA networks. Once 4G LTE hits, I dont think GSM and CDMA will be an issue. From what I understand and all the rumors flying about, it will centralize the networks....I hope anyway. Its one of those things that we will just have to wait to see the end result I think.

With Verizon opening up their networks, I am looking forward to see what phones will come out. Maybe the US will get caught up with the rest of the world. -Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

motorola krzr k1m... battery life is much better than the razr i had. plus you can stick a memory card in for music... now it rocks
                      Last edited by semagic; 01-22-2008, 11:31 PM.
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I think what I am using is the Verizon VX9900 full keyboard phone. But, I have friends that text a lot.

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                          I think what I am using is the Verizon VX9900 full keyboard phone. But, I have friends that text a lot.

-Nate
                          That is the predecessor to the Voyager.
                          Both are made by LG.
                          -Rick

Comment

LG

Comment

Working...
                            X