Good verizon phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good verizon phones

Which phones from verizon do you guys think are good-buys? I am looking for two phones...one for me and my wife. So, at least one of them has to be good looking. But when it comes to needs...we just need a Speakerphone, a camera and blue-tooth. ...and also, battery life. We dont talk much on the phones...probably 20 to 30 mins a day. so the battery-life I'm talking about is the one where it lasts long if the phone is not used. My wife's samsung from AT&T dies everyday even though there are days when she does not use the phone at all. Imagine that.

I have narrowed it down to Motorola KRZR K1m Red phone for my wife and the Samsung Juke Teal phone for myself.

thanks
    sam
    Sam

Good + Verizon... now there are two words you rarely see together.
    I dig the LG Voyager myself, but I prefer my iPhone.
    -Rick

Comment

The original Razr is basically the same as the Krzr, but the Krzr has a different design. The electronics however are the same from what I've heard. That said, the Razr is great and we've had good luck with it and Verizon (everyone in the house has one), but the battery life SUCKs Maybe two days if you turn it off without using it, and bluetooth zaps it. They also take around a minute to start.

Comment

the wife just got the Voyager last month and really likes it. she picked up the 8 gig mini SD card to go in it too. she thinks she the shit now, which is a good thing.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I agree with what CharvelRocker said. Razr's are cool and a decent phone but the battery life sucks balls. If the Krzr is the same thing, I would worry about that...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I have the Razr and I get like 3 days out of a battery charge. Then again, I barely use the thing. I hate cell phones and the people who live with them glued to their ears.:ROTF:

I just leave it on but if I use it for a few minutes a day that is a lot.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i have had the razor for a couple of years now. they have a battery replacment for them that is twice the size and it has power for at least a week.

Comment

ok, now which one is the voyager? Is it the LG enV Orange phone?

EDIT: Search on amazon says that the voyager is no longer available. Apparently the enV seems to be its replacement. But I dont text and feel that the keyboard would be pretty useless for me.
                Last edited by emperor_black; 01-18-2008, 05:32 PM.
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Good + Verizon... now there are two words you rarely see together.
                  That's what I was gonna say. LOL Then again, I've been with Cingular (now AT&T) for about 8 years.
                  My cousin actually has been working for Verizon for quite a long time, and he uses AT&T for his cell service. :ROTF:

My brother does use Verizon and seems to really like it, though. He's thinking of also getting the new Voyager.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    ok, now which one is the voyager? Is it the LG enV Orange phone?

EDIT: Search on amazon says that the voyager is no longer available. Apparently the enV seems to be its replacement. But I dont text and feel that the keyboard would be pretty useless for me.
                    nah... i have two of the enV's for the girls, and the Voyager for the wife. The Voyager is like the enV, but it has the touch screen. nice phone so far.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      I've been with Cingular (now AT&T) for about 8 years.
                      I have been with At&T for about 4 years now. But I feel that ever since cingular became at&t again, the quality of service has gone down. When AT&T became cigular, their service was awesome. Now, the phone does not work in my apartment, office...even my brother feels the same. But he's stuck in a contract. mine ended and I want freedom.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      He's thinking of also getting the new Voyager.
                      Is he getting the LG enV phone? there is no hint of the term voyager in this phone's desscription.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                        nah... i have two of the enV's for the girls, and the Voyager for the wife. The Voyager is like the enV, but it has the touch screen. nice phone so far.
                        oh. Then is it the chocolate phone? Cause I read some reviews that the touch screen is "too sensitive" and the phone tries to make a call when you are talking. :ROTF:
                        Sam

Comment

No.. the LG Voyager is brand new.
                          Cool looking phone... just can't stand Verizon.

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/mobile%20phones_select%20by%20carrier_verizon_VOYA GER.jhtml
                          -Rick

Comment

I've been with Verizon for 3 years or so now and was with T-Mobile before that (family members have also had Sprint, ATT and/or Cingular). Verizon is the best service here and it was also the best when I was in Boston. The chocolate is kind of crappy though - I bought it impulsively and would not recommend it.

My phone works fine way down in the corner of my basement now, whereas with T-Mobile it didn't work in the house at all.

Comment

got it. thanks rick. Amazon does not have it yet. But on the verizon website, it says the phone with plan costs $300

that brings up another topic. Which are the best websites to get phones/plans from? I have used a website called letstalk.com. Nice place to buy but you have to wait a lot to get your rebate check.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X