Hook us all up with some new tunes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morglbl Trio - Grotesk

I've been raving about this one on another thread somewhere, and now I'll rave about it here...

This is one of the projects of French shreddeur Cristophe Godin. If you like Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Allan Holdsworth, Steve Vai or Living Colour, you'll like this. Even if you don't, check it out anyway!

Comment

• Green Carnation-Light of Day, Day of Darkness. It doesn't have a bad song, mainly cause its one song. LOL. Seriously though its pretty fucking amazing.

Pain of Salvation-The Perfect Element Pt. 1 (Amazing from start to finish)

Therion-Gothic Kabbalah (I don't dislike any songs on this cd, and some of my favorite songs period are on this one as well. Therion is always worth getting but this cd was something special.)

Comment

• Yet another bump to share one of my favourites!

Nefilim - ZOON

There was a time when "Goth" didn't mean "Whiney Emo Fag"....
        Carl McCoy from gothlords Fields Of The Nephilim created a monster here.
        Think Psalm 69 era Ministry jamming with Carcass, with a touch of Sisters Of Mercy thrown in. Brutal riffage over Industrial grooves with darkly beautiful melodies.
        I fuckin' love this album.

Comment

• Clutch

To bad some asshole stole my collection..
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

• Deadbolt -- Voodoo Trucker. Great CD

Example:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-82Rw...eature=related

Review:
            http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/stor...961809,00.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
              Evile

http://www.myspace.com/evileuk

I just heard about this band and man I am blown away. It's old school thrash. The band is going to be on Gigantour supporting Megadeth I think.
              *Cough cough* Link *Cough cough*

yep...
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• I'm not gonna lie and say that I've read this whole thread ,but here's something pretty new I just heard of.It reminds me of older style metal ,vocals aren't great - but you can understand them !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgoPHxfPJLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5J0f...eature=related

enjoy
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

• Nekromantix -- Curse of the Loving Dead

Great cd as well.

"Who killed the cheerleader"
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pojSoq2J0U -- not really live

"Murder for Breakfast"
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKveQUHu3A

Comment

• Here is a few worth a listen....

Tank - Honour & Blood
                    Tank - Tank
                    Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
                    Corrosion Of Conformity - America's Volume Dealer & Deliverance
                    Suicidal Tendencies - The Art Of Rebellion
                    Riot - Restless Breed
                    Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase
                    Triumph - Rock & Roll Machine
                    Blackfoot - Strikes
                    Death Angel - Act III (already mentioned but a definite MUST!)
                    Steeler - Steeler
                    Montrose - Montrose

& for a good laugh you gotta hear Crotchduster................
                    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

• Yet another bump to tell y'all about a recent discovery.

Alabama 3 - Exile On Coldharbour Lane

Country, blues, gospel, funk and techno. All musical styles that I don't usually enjoy. By rights I really shouldn't like this album, but it's been in constant rotation since I was introduced to it a couple of weeks ago.
                      Okay, I know that this probably won't appeal to the majority of you lot, but if you get the chance, check it out. You may be pleasantly surprised - just like I was!

*They did the theme music to The Sopranos, I'm told....

Comment

• Originally posted by Trem View Post
                        ICON - Self Titled 1984

Virtually Unknown, This album Rocked Hard. One of the best 80's style Melodic Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Albums, hard to describe, mid tempo, Not screaming or screaching vocals, Solid voice very thick and powerfull, twin guitars and very melodic, very "I'm gonna Rock You" type themes, lol, but ya know, when your really young it's so great, one of those that i still have, and will never lose.
                        A lot of good memories tied to this.

Tracks
                        1. (Rock On) Through The Night <-----Kick you in the face with ROCK

2. Killer Machine <-------Finger your girlfriend

3. On Your Feet <-------Rally the Troops to ROCK

4. World War <-------1994 was the end of the world

5. Hot Desert Night <-------Bang your girlfriend, ..hard

6. Under My Gun <-------Catch a bullet in the face with ROCK

7. Iconoclast <------Very Short Twin Guitar Instrumental, very melodic and long sustained notes, great tone, dug this

8. Rock'N'Roll Maniac <-------Six String Gun Attack

9. I'm Alive <-------- Dokken Riff attack, Cant Stop Me or the ROCK

10. It's Up To You <-------Obligatory, What's it gonna be Baby :ROTF:

ROCK
                        THICK drums, GREAT GUITAR Sounds on this album, a big percentage of the 80's guys here will love the guitar sounds on this.
                        Guilty pleasure this one.
                        Aww wtf, i'll just put up a track on youtube

Edit: Whoa!! there are a few videos of them on there already, i never thought...wow..internet is wow...
                        I popped my wife's cheery to this album..prolly to the song "Under my cum". Then we went to see them and hung out with Dan Wexler for a while. BSd about gear of course. Unfortunately, their 2nd "Night of the crime" was pretty gay ..and they didn't recover with their thrird either. Kinda like King Kobra after "Ready to Strike" ..their second, "Thrill of a lifteime" was so gay..Richard Simmons refuses to dance to it.

Hey who post Rawhead Rex..Oh Ralph E. ..You got their second one right. Not as good, but still pretty cool.

BTW..I'm, not sharing nothing in here..so blow me.:ROTF:

I'll share this...
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X