No announcement yet.

Anybody else a student? (rant thread!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! I will never forget the programing class I took in the first year of engineering. It was taught mainly by a grad student. Gave me a C+ even though I answered all the questions correctly. His reasoning - I answered several of the questions using real-world programing but not exactly what HE taught in class (and I quote, "but I didnt teach you that"). No shit asshole, you were a dip shit that taught us the extra wordy, ineffecient way to do it. I called BS and went to the professor. He was too busy writing his fukin book to even give me more than a "I stand by my grad student."

Never took another computer class at after that and went civil instead of computer engineering, but I learned something.

Fuk 'em. Best advise - go to class. Try to take good notes. Ask inteligent questions if you can. Do your homework, and if you can try to answer questions in class the way the teacher would. Also, as was said, try to give them back what they said in class. (I had one asshole in law school that gave extra credit on the final if you could give him his theory on contract formation - as opposed to the common law or the uniform commercial code - I was at the class and paying attention and I got it).

Rant off.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Thank the great state of California for giving me an almost free ( $1,000 CSU Hayward ) BA and my ability to play the game.:ROTF: But that was 30+ years ago. It's been downhill from there.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

So the term finished a couple days ago, the letter grades are still unofficial but I got a C and an A from the courses this instructor is teaching.

The course I got a C from had a stupid second midterm (which made me start this thread) and the final examination was also as stupid/pointless. it was not testing our knowledge well (focused on 1 topic)

Anyway I got rid of a couple courses and I'm 1 step closer to graduation
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Congrats, Berkay!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Soooooo, you got some C&A from this hot little teacher momma eh? Nice one, I knew you'd do it my way and triumph in the end. Were they, erm, y'know, "snug fitting", or like a welly-top?
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I think I have a worse story¿

Studied from 8:30 pm to 5:50 AM, 10 cups of coffee....went to bed for 15 mins, pranced the room until 8:30 am (exam time)...

Apparently, I did the same thing as you (studied the wrong parts), and got 50% on it (online exam)....I was pissed two weeks straight. I suppose I was DAMN tired and disoriented when I took the exam, but w/e.

It shot my course mark from an expected 82-85 percent to 71 percent.

Comment

Working...
              X