For F's Sake!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For F's Sake!!!

Will this ever end. At my sons preschool this October, they kept sending home flyers for the Annual Harvest Festival party. One day like a dumbass I ask them "Are you guys talking about Halloween, when you say Harvest Festival?" turns out they use this name as to not offend anyone.

Like that wasn't bad enough now you got this crap starting too.

What the fuck,how can people be so sensitive?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/lifestyl...E5s0sjTBgE1vAI
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

*sings* Santa is an anagram for satan! *sings*

Comment

Yeah it's bullshit isn't it. Where are all of these "offended" people at anyway. I mean, you can't do anything for fear of offending anyone, but I've never seen anyone get offended by Merry Christmas or Happy Halloween.

Comment

How sad is that? Things are way out of hand.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

We can only blame outselves for this crap. We allow it to happen and we are society.

How about you yank your kid out of that school because of it. That would send a strong message.

Comment

I hate this type of BS. One more of the type... "dont say merry christmas. It offends people. Say "happy holidays" instead."

Idiots!
            Sam

Comment

Political correctness at it's worse! That it total bullshit ! If the people who don't like how we celebrate the Holidays they should pack their shit and move to a fucking island somewhere.

Comment

schools are one thing, but private businesses should be able to do whatever the hell they want (the merry christmas thing), and that's assuming people still consider these overly-commercialized holidays as meaning anything?!
                -Adam

Comment

This isn't new by any means. The school my kids go to has done the same thing for years. They don't celebrate Halloween. But 2 or 3 days after, they do "Book Character Day" where they can dress up like their favorite book character. It's Halloween without all the Halloween...

The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. That's the way it is now. Don't even get me started on the whole Peanut Allergy issue...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I see the Halloween version of this problem as different from the Christmas version. People say "Happy Holidays" because there are multiple holidays at that time of year: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa. There is no other holiday around Halloween, I guess some people just don't like it.
                    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Here's a bit more of that mindset...perhaps.
                      My 9th grader was having a bit of trouble with algebra.
                      Turns out that he wasn't ever scheduled for "pre algebra" in 8th grade,bottom line is he was scheduled into a "content mastery" class to help him in areas of difficulty.
                      Somehow, between the end of the year and the start of another, "Content Mastery" classes were replaced by "Social Skills" classes...to "help" students (who all happen to be boys...hmmm...) deal with ...who knows?
                      What do they do in these classes? I pulled in the guidance counseler, and the teacher of this wonderful useless class, to ask why he was there, and how to get him into something a bit more constructive to actually learning what he needs. They helpfully suggested he stay after school to participate in tutoring with the algebra. But it was simply not possible to get him out of this "class". They were so helpful, they placed a call to have the school psychologist show up, and he had no suggestions as to why he was in this class in the first place, or how to get him out of it.
                      Frustrated, I told my son to just bear with the politically correct nonsense, and take the easy credit. No reason why he was "labeled", never had any incidents with students or teachers to get him into this. Just another feel-good waste of taxpayer dollars for federally matched funding into special education, for those who don't need it, and has no possible benefit.
                      Rant off.

Comment

Over here the Harvest Festival is just that, the Harvest Festival.
                        A Christian tradition (I think) when the kids at school are encouraged to bring in tins of sweetcorn that have been at the back of the cupboard for 20 years, so they can make up a basket to give to the "needy". I think there might be a designated Sunday when the churches have their festival.

Halloween is 31st October. Not the last week of October, nor the first week of November, but 31st October.

And never the twain shall meet, or at least they shouldn't.

I'm sure you Americans were pleased to read that article, apparently you are fuckwits who use the word "ho" instead of "whore".(Isn't it just guests on Jerry Springer and rappers who use this term?)
                        Which makes me wonder if the garden centres in Australia will ban the sale of certain garden implements used for weeding.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          Over here the Harvest Festival is just that, the Harvest Festival.
                          A Christian tradition (I think) when the kids at school are encouraged to bring in tins of sweetcorn that have been at the back of the cupboard for 20 years, so they can make up a basket to give to the "needy". I think there might be a designated Sunday when the churches have their festival.

Halloween is 31st October. Not the last week of October, nor the first week of November, but 31st October.

And never the twain shall meet, or at least they shouldn't.

I'm sure you Americans were pleased to read that article, apparently you are fuckwits who use the word "ho" instead of "whore".(Isn't it just guests on Jerry Springer and rappers who use this term?)
                          Which makes me wonder if the garden centres in Australia will ban the sale of certain garden implements used for weeding.
                          For the love of little baby jesus here we fucking go again! What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

Comment

I saw that this morning on the news, they are urging the Santa's to not say Ho Ho Ho because some may find it offensive. A Ho wasn't a Ho til about 5 years ago, but Ho Ho Ho was around before I was born.

Comment

Don't let shobet find this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X