No announcement yet.

Looks Like Best Buy is the new GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are real guitars guys. Not the little play things. USA model Gibson, Fender etc. It looks just like GC. They have a store in the back, not just the little toy guitar isle. I was shocked really. I think I saw some Line 6 stuff too. They also had seperate rooms for drums, acoustics, DJ etc. It opens Saturday. I may have to stop in and see it open. If I would have thought about it I would have taken pictures with my phone. None of the prices I saw were that great. Wlamart sells GHS strings cheaper than I have seen anywhere else though at $2.99.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
      These are real guitars guys. Not the little play things. USA model Gibson, Fender etc. It looks just like GC. They have a store in the back, not just the little toy guitar isle. I was shocked really. I think I saw some Line 6 stuff too. They also had seperate rooms for drums, acoustics, DJ etc. It opens Saturday. I may have to stop in and see it open. If I would have thought about it I would have taken pictures with my phone. None of the prices I saw were that great. Wlamart sells GHS strings cheaper than I have seen anywhere else though at $2.99.

What section are the strings in at Wal Mart? For 2.99 a pack I'll buy some strings there and see if they aren't rejects.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

For 2.99, I think I'll try 'em too.

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
          These are real guitars guys. Not the little play things. USA model Gibson, Fender etc. It looks just like GC. They have a store in the back, not just the little toy guitar isle.
          I'm glad to see these companies have their finger on the pulse of their market. Gibson in their infinite wisdom decides to make their guitars top secret by not showing them on the internet. I would have loved to have been at that corporate meeting. That decision has had to have a negative impact on Gibson guitar sales. Fender raises prices through the friggin roof resulting in alienating customers.

Now they are selling guitars in Best Buys. Give me a big ol fuggin break! Yeah, next time I go to buy a $2k-$3k USA made Gibson or Fender I'm going to see the no brain d-head that sold me my ipod.

These mother f-ers don't have a clue! I'd love to know how much they are paying these marketing geniuses. Maybe I'm missing something here but I doubt it.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

What they're trying to do is kill off the independant dealer, which they'll be fairly successful at if Best Buy does this in all of their locations.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

The Walmart in Eagan MN has them for $2.99. GHS are my favorite, so I buy them. They are not rejects either. When the popularity of Guitar hero and other games goes away, you may see this stop at the retail chains. I don't think I would ever buy guitars from those places. Fuck they don't even know about the products they carrie as it is-now guitars? Stupid dumbs....
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                For 2.99, I think I'll try 'em too.
                In the ones around here they're where all the First Act guitars are, in the front between the restrooms and the eyewear store. If they're in a different place in your area I'm sure the store personnel will direct you.

Last time I was there the First Act strings were $2.99, GHS were $3.84 and Gibson were $5.50. They also had Rapco 20' guitar cables and mic cables for $8.88, which are decent cables and cheap at that price!

I think the First Act strings were only carried in .009-.042 and the GHS ad Gibsons were only .010-.046., so not much selection. But if you bust a string at midnight it's pretty cool to be able to get a spare set at Wal-Mart.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                  What they're trying to do is kill off the independant dealer, which they'll be fairly successful at if Best Buy does this in all of their locations.
                  I wouldn't worry too much Matt. This idea sounds like a flop from the start. Even if it sticks, it will be the same low end crap that GC sells. No real musicians who buy real instruments are going to buy gear from these box stores.

Hey maybe Charvel can start selling guitars in Spencers in our local malls?
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                    I wouldn't worry too much Matt. This idea sounds like a flop from the start. Even if it sticks, it will be the same low end crap that GC sells. No real musicians who buy real instruments are going to buy gear from these box stores.

Hey maybe Charvel can start selling guitars in Spencers in our local malls?

Really, not too far off the mark from what has been there for years,
                    that is, catalog guitars. Sears, Montgomery Ward, Penneys, and a host of others sold Hondos and such through catalogs. The pictures always
                    looked good to this country boy at the time, but I had enough chances to actually get around real guitars to know the difference. But when I was 10 or 11, that's what I wanted. I Thank my parents for ignoring me.

Comment

I can't imagine buying a high end guitar at Best Buy. I don't like dealing with most of the sales people you meet in real music stores, and the Best Buy ones will be worse. I could see Best Buy doing well selling something like the ESP LTD line to first time buyers or their parents I guess. Gibson has totally decided to trash their brand name. This will be known as the equivalent of the "CBS-era" Gibsons.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
                        Gibson has totally decided to trash their brand name. This will be known as the equivalent of the "CBS-era" Gibsons.
                        Fender pulled it off with the Squire, and the Bullet. It hasn't hurt their top lines. As well as the Musicmasters, Jags, etc.
                        Gibson has also had their low line guitars for years, also.
                        It's equivalant to saying that just because Chevy made Chevettes, it
                        killed the upper market for Corvettes.

Comment

I buy GHS Boomers from Carvin, they're also $2.99 a pack. They're in Carvin packaging, but they're indeed GHS Boomers.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X