Opeth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
    Anyone's tried to learn the song "Black rose Immortal" ? That is one amazing song. So many riff-changes within that one song. You can create at least 5 songs with each of those riffs in that one song. Opeth is a really inventive band.

Reminds me of the Icon album by Paradise lost. Lot of changes within songs.
    Awesome song (or rather, awesome five songs ). Paradise Lost though...sorry I find them extremely boring. The album by Symphony X however, has been in my car for that past three weeks straight.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      Awesome song (or rather, awesome five songs ). Paradise Lost though...sorry I find them extremely boring. The album by Symphony X however, has been in my car for that past three weeks straight.
      Which Paradise lost albums do u find boring? I love everything before draconian times. Gothic, Shades of god, icon... After which they completely lost it.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
        Personally i think Opeth are completely boring. I tried several times to get into them but it's always the same result. Of course they know how to play their instruments but their music just doesn't do anything for me.

Flo
        You aren't the only one. I don't "get" their stuff either

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Which Paradise lost albums do u find boring? I love everything before draconian times. Gothic, Shades of god, icon... After which they completely lost it.
          Actually I've never listened to an album of theirs. But I did see them live once and practically fell asleep. Maybe it was just a bad mix.
          Scott

Comment

Their newer stuff is pretty boring. If you are into melodic death metal, try ICON. Its not your typical start with a riff, induce a lead part and end with a riff type of songs. Shades of god is really heavy music with lot of memorable songs. Gothic is plain doom metal!

Dont know why they decided to change their music, but the vocalist started singing "cleaner" and their music got less heavier. Same thing happened with Amorphis if you know that band. They were pure death metal and they turned into something which cant even be called Progressive metal. So did bands like Darkseed and Tiamat. Pretty sad for them to lose the headbanging crowd.
            Sam

Comment

Amorphis had some good albums back in the day...something about the Thousand Lakes? It's been a while since I've listened to them.
              Scott

Comment

I second the boring motion...

Comment

Tales from the thousand lakes. I dont know if its from the same album, but the song black winter day was an amazing song. I liked their Elegy album too. but the trend towards cleaner vocals started from the Elegy album.
                  Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X