Opeth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opeth!

Ok guys i'm drunk atm but for the past 3 years i've been listening to Opeth intensively, like 25 hours a day, no joke. I'm wondering if any of you guys feel the same way about this band.... For me they are the enigma of melanchic metal music. I LOVE IT. No other metal band comes close to expressing their feelings I hope some of you guys share my love

who?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh man dont get me started...

www.myspace.com/svenkv2

and stop whining!

Comment

Dunno if you've heard 'em, but check out Daylight Dies if you get a chance. My band too. haha
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Here's a picture of me on stage.

That's how I feel about Opeth.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post

Comment

I was doing some house painting this summer and one of the guys brought in a CD it was cool, I should go buy a CD.

Comment

I just went to youtube, they play PRS so sorry but now I hate them

Comment

Because they use PRS? That's fucking retarded.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Opeth is an amazing band. They draw from so many different influences. IMO easily one of the best current bands out there.
                    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I have all their albums, played with them once too. I think they are great, awsome stuff. They also play RR's too if that helps some of you.
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Check it
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvrnpDcDCRA
                        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Still my favourite band I think, though I've worn out their albums quite a bit and rarely listen to them these days. But if I do, the magic is still there, and no other band has impressed me as much as them since then. "Dark Suns" came close with their album "Existence", though.

And I know what you are talking about, I discovered them in 2002 and for like three years I listened to them on a daily basis, bought every album on the day it came out (still do that) and listened to nothing else for at least a week.
                          I look forward to the new DVD and the next album...
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                            Because they use PRS? That's fucking retarded.
                            Nah, just kidding about that, I'm def going to buy a couple Opeth CDs, but I'm not a fan of PRS because of all that Private Stock AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA flamed book matched maple tops and Green Heart Abalone inlays portraying all the circles of Dantes Hell for $50,000 kind of stuff.

And also for the 5 position rotary switch, they use a regular volume knob, that really bugs me.
                            Last edited by tanpsi; 10-07-2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post

they made you wear lace-up leather pants?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X