No announcement yet.

Back into the guitar scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like some folks need to pick their fiddles. I played about 4 hours yesterday, it was some decent pickin'...I've had worse. I'm gonna try to get some more in today.

But working 2 jobs is making anything hard ya know?

Comment

I quit playing for about six years in the mid 90's, but it was not really much of an option for me. Since 1990, I have had a total of thirteen operations on my right upper arm, forearm, elbow, and wrist, my left elbow, forearm and wrist, and my neck has had three operations to fuse two vertebrae (C5-6 and C6-7, and one was a re-do, I wore the plate and screws out!) in my neck.

Playing was literally a pain, and it is hard to enjoy what you are doing when hurting. That and since I am allergic to codiene, I was put on large doses of Talwin (a synthetic opiate) for the pain, and that is one drug that will not help your playing! I picked the guitar back up after my second neck fusing, and it took me a long time to get back into it again.

I still have to take Talwin, but 1/8th of the dose I originally had to. I can handle that...

Comment

I have been "Playing " guitars for a long time. But, it is just recently that my little brain and my big hands have begun to almost play together. Here is what gets me. I now can listen to a song while lying in bed and, yes I sleep with a guitar:ROTF: , and play the song. Not the cords. But, the tune. It's amazing to me how easy it is after all these years.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
        X