No announcement yet.

So, I have high cholesterol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diet... Cut back on the coke.. drink mo tea..
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I drink coke probably 5 to 10 times a year. That's it! I'm not kidding. But I love coffee and drink at least 4 times a day. I will try to drink more tea.
      Sam

Comment

I can relate. 26 years old, high cholesterol and blood pressure. Cholesterol was 252. I was on Zocor for about three months, and it dropped to about 198. Not bad considering I didn't take the pill regularly. They switched me to Tricor to lower my triglycerides, but I haven't really been taking it. I'll deal with the high blood pressure, it lessens the chances of my ass getting sent to Iraq/Afghanistan. I'm exercising more and eating healthier, so I'll let it go on it's own. Hereditary in my case anyway. My sister is 29, weighs maybe 100 pounds, goes between vegan and vegetarian, doesn't smoke or drink, and her cholesterol is 288.
        I'd say avoid the pills, I didn't experience any bad side effects, but the ones that exist don't sound like fun. Plus, you can't drink when you're on cholesterol meds.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          I drink coke probably 5 to 10 times a year. That's it! I'm not kidding. But I love coffee and drink at least 4 times a day. I will try to drink more tea.
          Actually they recommend 2 cups of day of coffee (de-caf) it suppose to be good for the colon.. I drink coffee but it's black no sugar, no cream and if you stick a spoon in it the spoon should stand up by itself. If you can stomach it Oatmeal is great in reducing bad cholesterol.. I have the banana nut from quaker oats.

There's conflicting articles about coffee but here's a few in favor of coffee. http://health.msn.com/centers/highbl...ntid=100163442
          http://health.msn.com/healthnews/art...ntid=100167275

Here's another article about pumpkin pie and coffee.. http://health.msn.com/menshealth/art...ntid=100165129
          Last edited by JetFixxxer; 08-30-2007, 08:17 AM.
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Drink more alcohol ... red wine is best. Seriously, it works!

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
              . Plus, you can't drink when you're on cholesterol meds.
              sure ya can, just not excessively
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I've been on Lipitor for about 4 years along with a bunch of other meds for cholesterol, high blood pressure and my heart. Haven't had a heart ATTACK but I have congestive heart failure. So far I've been lucky to not have major side effects. I do have a lot of weakness and pain on the left side but that's the side affected by the stroke.

I would say take the pills while you look for an alternative method. Trust me, you don't want to have a stroke if you play guitar.... You can always stop the Lipitor if you find another way to achieve a lower cholesterol level, but if you have a stroke you might never fully recover. It's been 4 years this October since I had mine and it hasn't gotten any better for me.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had a test done several years ago and they said I had 250+. Wife was all freaked out, especially since we had a close friend die of a heart attack. I had pretty much ignored that number. I went and got tested with my new Dr. and the tests came back way under normal. I adjusted my eating very little, and wasn't exercising that much more.. so I think the first test was whacked. At least I hope it wasn't the 2nd test that was whacked....
                  DK2M
                  Fender Strat (Made in USA)
                  Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

Comment

Working...
                  X