No announcement yet.

...and you thought Mindcrime II sucked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather hear them do an album of cool cover songs than an album of new subpar material. I have gotten every album but was really disappointed in Promised Land, Q2K and Tribe. Hear In The Now Frontier had a few songs I liked and though grunge Ryche is not my thing I could understand what they were going for. OMCII I felt was about 65% of the way to being a great album. It had some elements of classic Ryche, particulary some cool harmony guitars, but it lacked the cool uniquely Ryche chordal riffs that I have always loved about them.

I think OMCII was good enough for the jury to remain out. We can't quite stick the fork in them yet, but they haven't totally redeemed themselves either. If only Tate would accept that they ARE a metal band at heart...
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

i gotta say, i'm another one who was a big fan of Scarborough Fair too...very cool cover.

this is interesting, to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        the first EP was crap... generic galloping heavy metal...
        It sounds like that now, but when it came out it was not so much. Basically there was just Maiden and Priest doing the same thing back then. Now I'm not as much a fan of the EP as a lot of people are; I think Warning is much, MUCH better. Still, you can say they were Maiden-influenced at that point, but there weren't a thousand other bands doing that yet.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X