No announcement yet.

...and you thought Mindcrime II sucked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and you thought Mindcrime II sucked.

Oh for fuck's sake....

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003631740

Lack of inspiration to say the least...

Comment

Even though this covers album sounds like a bad idea, nothing could be worse than the idea of Mindcrime II.
      Scott

Comment

they are just a joke now. what a shame. their old stuff was brilliant....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm pretty much sick and tired of any and all covers albums, especially by bands that have shown the creativity to make new and interesting music.

Too often these cover (or more politically correct "tribute to our inspirations") discs sound forced, flat and simply done to either make a few bucks or fulfill a contractual obligation. And if everyone does cover albums, who's going to make new music in order to fuel those cover records?
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yeah, this whole trend of 80s heyday groups doing cover albums to help resurrect their careers is pretty lame-ola. Just put out some great s**t like you did back then, and I'll buy it. If I want to hear covers, I'll try to put my own band together with other low-talent hacks like myself.

Comment

I love their old stuff...shame

Comment

Yep, I'd sooner buy a brand new disc that repeated Walk in the Shadows as tracks 1 through 10 than a cover album.

The Scarborough Fair cover on one of the reissues was enough.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

I was done with QR when they abused my sensibilities with that shitty release Hear in the Now Frontier.

that was it for me.

even Empire was primarily disappointing to me, seeing as how their prior 3 albums were so fucking great.

oh well.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                    The Scarborough Fair cover on one of the reissues was enough.
                    That's on a reissue CD now? I have that on a cassette single when it came out in the early '90s. I can't remember what the other song was, but it was something on Empire. I gotta go dig through my bag full of tapes in my closet now. I always thought that was a really good cover.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wasn't impressed with Empire.. but Mindcrime was a great album.
                      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

the first EP was crap... generic galloping heavy metal...
                        Warning and RFO were the first metal albums with progressive elements... had plenty of good moments but still too much galloping
                        Mindcrime was great... absolute classic
                        but Empire destroyed everything as far as I'm concerned... less gallop heavy metal and more Pink Floyd... best songs, vibe and production on that one
                        Promised Land was great prog album the songs weren't as good as on Empire but it was still great.
                        Frontier and Q2K were weak... I don't mind their updated sound but the songs didn't rock
                        Supprisingly I enjoed Tribe... not the best album but it had some cool grooves and tunes.
                        Mindcrime 2 was so fucking booring it's ridiculous.... there are no hooks at all.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            the first EP was crap... generic galloping heavy metal...
                            Warning and RFO were the first metal albums with progressive elements... had plenty of good moments but still too much galloping
                            Mindcrime was great... absolute classic
                            but Empire destroyed everything as far as I'm concerned... less gallop heavy metal and more Pink Floyd... best songs, vibe and production on that one
                            Promised Land was great prog album the songs weren't as good as on Empire but it was still great.
                            Frontier and Q2K were weak... I don't mind their updated sound but the songs didn't rock
                            Supprisingly I enjoed Tribe... not the best album but it had some cool grooves and tunes.
                            Mindcrime 2 was so fucking booring it's ridiculous.... there are no hooks at all.
                            ...well put.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I haven't heard this one from Queensryche, but I have to say that I actually enjoy cover albums. The only time I've really regretted buying a tribute/cover album was when I bought one with Nuff Z'Nuff's lame version of Yankee Rose on it. I'll probably give this one a listen and then decide whether I like it or not.

Sorry guys, I like to keep an open mind about one of my favorite bands.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X