X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas prices?
    Sam

Comment

PBR and Miller High Life, used to get em for less than 2 bucks a 6 pack when I was in high school. I haven't seen PBR in the stores here ever, Only Busch, Busch Light, Busch Natural light, Its friggen unreal watching the beer delivery at the local liquor store one case each of most of your decent beers and half a truck of the priviously mentioned swill
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Call me a dumbfuk.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: And senile. I forgot about Pabst Blue Ribbon. That's good beer, but I can't find it up here. Public Broadcast Radio. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: What a fucking snob I am.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Mainly just severe thunderstorms here. We get a lot of snow but tis never really a deadly blizzard.

Comment

newcastle, australia. earthquake out of fuckin' nowhere! 5.5 on the richter. theres been tremors since but nothing major.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
              newcastle, australia. earthquake out of fuckin' nowhere! 5.5 on the richter. theres been tremors since but nothing major.
              Learn what that scale means. Google it and you won't like what it says. An analogy. The difference between 3.2% beer and 5.6% beer is not 2.4%. It is almost twice as strong. The difference between a 3.2 and a 5.5 quake makes that look silly. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Comment

Shit... I will take earthquakes anyday over the shit you guys have to put up with in the midwest. Fuck hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and hockeyhair.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                  Shit... I will take earthquakes anyday over the shit you guys have to put up with in the midwest. Fuck hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and hockeyhair.

-Nate
                  It's not my fault now. It's yours. You guys get a slip fault. As in a back and forth. We, in the Great Northwest ,live on a thrust fault. Prof. fett wil show you the dif. For a slip fault, rub you open hands together and see how far the fingers move. That is your land moving. Now, point your fingers together in front of your eyes. Now, make a fist of your right hand and shove it underneath your left hand. That is a thrust fault. Where I live is your left hand. That's all. I'm scaring myself.:ROTF:
                  Last edited by fett; 03-20-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

there's a remote chance that a cyclone might make its way down from North Queensland during monsoon season to Brisbane, where I work. Not likely, but possible.

Where I live, in Toowoomba, there's really nothing. It's perched atop the Great Dividing Range, so just about everywhere is down hill from here, making flooding unlikely. I guess our biggest danger is probably windstorms. It sure gets windy at my house. But that could be the beans, beer & bratwurst.

Oh, and dying of thirst. We have the strictest water restrictions in South East Queensland and the drought shows no sign of letting up. I guess that makes bushfires a pretty serious concern here too
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't mean to be an asshole, but that "Great Dividing Range" popped up. I do feel for you guys. The water situation there must be much worse than my two year water rationing in California.

Comment

Hayward, Ca
                        Drive-bys and earthquakes.
                        http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...ed=rss.bayarea

Comment

That someone let you out of your trailer???
                          I live in tornado alley..whoo hoo...

Comment

FUCKING COLD WINTERS±¢£@¤ we're almost in april and it's still -7 goddamn celsius as i'm writing this. And they say it will be between -12 and -15 during the night.
                            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              I don't mean to be an asshole, but that "Great Dividing Range" popped up. I do feel for you guys. The water situation there must be much worse than my two year water rationing in California.
                              the Great Divide (*link*) is a 3700km long escarpment (like your thrust fault analogy, we sit on the plateau on top of the "left hand" too) that runs parallel to the east coast for the length of the country, north to south, through the 3 eastern states. It's what keeps the interior of the country so arid, and why most of the population lives along the coast.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                Having lived in Calif, for 50 years, it was a slip earthquake. Now, the I live in the Seattle area, it a thrust earthquake. Not to mention the fukking volcanos.
                                I'm a So Cal native and Seattle transplant. I was here in 1980 when St. Helen blew and it sucked. a ash fall out is a surreal experiance. and i have done quakes in both states. I would say we are all screwed if Mt. Rainier went off. Downtown Seattle is not the place to be for a quake with all the brick buildings and the via duc sandwich ( like the bridge in S.F.)
                                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                                X