Another score on meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another score on meat

My local QFC has a new policy on meat. They put a Markdown price on meat that has 2 days to go that is about 20% off. Well, now the deal is: If it has a "Today" sell by they will mark it down to 66% off or more, but it has to sell by 9AM or they thow it out. T-bones for $1.85 . Not a pound. Just the whole steak. I love it.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Sounds like someones have steak tonight.
    -Rick

Comment

Speaking of meat, I watched "Fast Food Nation" last night and now i'm not so inclined to eat meat anymore. It reminded me that when I installed systems at meat packing plants, how truly disgusting the conditions are and the risk of contamination that most of us know nothing about.

Comment

Our food supply is not really safe, as Ralph has stated. But then again, what is?

But there is something quite wrong about discount meat at the store...

Not really sure what, but something wrong...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

There was a bird flu scare her in the uk a few weeks ago which woke a lot of the population up to the fact that in the uk turkey is produced in huge sheds with factory farmed birds, rather than the idillic conditions often portrayed on the packaging. Personally, I worked in a meat processing factory years ago and have been under no illusion about where most meat comes from. I'm not a veggy, but i feel that knowing where the food comes from is required.

Comment

I know of places where Tube Steak goes basically for free. :ROTF:
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with "Marked Down" meat. I have been buying like this for 25 years. There was only one instance where I had to return a chicken because it smelled like my sock. You pay $12 a pound for a T-Bone. Not me man. And it's not a plywood steak, you assholes.

Comment

If you store and cook meat properly, your chances of getting ill from it are pretty slim.
                I'm under no illusion that meat packing plants are germ free... far from it from what I've seen. So it's medium well or well done for me.
                If a burger shows up at my table with any hint of pink, it goes back.
                -Rick

Comment

We are a bunch of pussys when it come to meat. Not me, you. The "Sell By or Freeze" date is a joke. It's just a way to sell it "Right Now" before another load comes it. If you want to spend retail on meat that's fine. But when I can buy $30+ on steaks for $10, I will take my chances.

Comment

Not me...I'm not a meat pussy. It's more about the quality. I like to see nice marbilized fat in my ny strips. Not big chunky viens of fat running through. Same thing with filet.

Ribeye can have some chunkier fat, it cooks off well. Then there is London Broil, which can be simiiar to some of your guitars (like plywood). But if prepared and cut properly, it is quite tasty.

Aged beef is preferred by some people and vikings seem to enjoy it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Aged beef for this Viking is about 3 days in the frig after the "Sell By". As long as it doesn't turn green and you can smell it without throwing up, it' good to go. I haven't killed myself yet.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: And, I am 56 and I remember when meat really tasted good.

Comment

A little brown never hurt anyone... not me. But after a few days it needs to be cooked or visit the freezer. Though, I'd rather not freeze it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is what really busts my bull-like balls. A 7 blade chuck piece of meat used to be like 99 cents a pound. I would buy one and it was like butta when I cooked it. "Throw away" meat back then. Now, it's $2.99 a pound. I really miss that. But a $1.85 T-bone makes me feel better.

Comment

Damn, I don't even want a steak unless it's 13 a pound strip or preferably 18 a pound filet. I like it medium rare tho.

And having had food poisoning before a few times from restaurants, I'm pretty picky about dates and smells...

Really, I spose it's not so much the dates as long as it's close and the meat seems good, it more the handling I've seen some bandsaws that were disgusting) and improper cooking.

Comment

fetts about that age................ my grandma is the same way she'll go and buy all the marked down me and give it to me or her kids................. fajitas (skirt steak) used to be a throw away meat, now its 8 bucks a pound what the hell?!?!?!?
                              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X