Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's better for our environment, the Hummer or Prius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares? The Prius is a chick's car anyway.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      No kidding. It's the 2000's version of the VW Cabriolet or a Mazda Miata.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        The article states the Sudbury plant mines 1,000 tons of nickel a year for the Prius. What is the overall production for the SUdbury plant in a year? Where did you fabricate the 350 days number?

Also, did you even figure the amount of environmental damage it takes to process the nickel in Europe, China and Japan into your 'fabriquasion'?

I didn't fabricate anything. I guessed

Sheesh, lighten up. All I wrote is that article was playing loose with the truth. Maybe you shouldn't post propganda articles and then get upset when someone points out that they are propaganda.

But here are some facts:

http://www.inco.com/investorinfo/ann...areholders.asp

231,000 tons was the goal for 2004.

So, my guess wasn't far off.

They do the Prius' nickel production in about a day and a half.

NEXT

Comment

Hummers are gas-hoggin "bling bling" status symbols that blow (...he he, he), and enviro-weenie hybrids are gay and nowhere near as environmentally "pure" as the tree huggers would have you believe. Bullshit on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post

Oh hell yes. When I am with the GF, I can point and say any time one drives by that I want a Prius, but it sounds soo much better when I say I want a Hummer.

Comment

A Hummer, provided she swallows.
              "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Hummers are gas-hoggin "bling bling" status symbols that blow (...he he, he), and enviro-weenie hybrids are gay and nowhere near as environmentally "pure" as the tree huggers would have you believe. Bullshit on both sides.
                the H2 is but the H3 is no a bling vehicle. I pesonally think the H3 is a PoS
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  I pesonally think the H3 is a PoS
                  Have you driven one? for an extended period of time?

I wouldn't say is a "be all end all SUV".
                  But tell you what, it is very decent of the MPG area, drove through 3'-0" of water and drove by stalled ans stuck MB S-500, Acura TL and Jeep GC all of them looking at me with googly eyes as I waved a 1' surf at them from my tires.

I can fit two installed Britax baby chairs, a double stroller, big bag of diapers, wipes, three adults, four suitcases and seven Christmas presents with no problem.

Drove from Tampa to Miami on 7/8ths of a tank of gas, has a kick ass stereo and the air is cold as shit and the heater will cook your brains. The Hummer chief mechanic told me the H3 would not hesitate to pull out of a ditch an H1 or H2 and that pound per pound his choice vehicle would be the H3.
                  All that for less than many other same class SUV competittors.

When I am not hauling the girls around or carrying shit from Home Depot or visitng construction sites, I drive my Hot Rod.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                  X