No announcement yet.

Don't fukking waste water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is water and there is "Water". What is it you don't get? Yeah, there is no new "Matter". But, the difference is what is potable? So we will eventually have to recycle every drop of water that started out as potable. Regardless of what that water was used for.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
      Doesn't it rain like 364 days a year where you live? The water gets back into the ecosystem as it runs down the street.

Fett, don't let it get to you. There are much better reasons to hate your neighbors.
      sadly that is not the case here. last year we were on a water restriction. you colud only water the yard every other day. a few years (6) ago no one could water, and there was companys that would come to your house and paint your burnt grass green! no joke. the golf courses were doing it.

the problem is not how much it rains, but how much snow & ice pack are in the mountains. So, if the ski season sucks, we get a ban. also, if it rains to much and we flood, we get a ban. go figure?

if you live in a forested area you will see signs that gauge fire hazzards from low to high, we have them but they refer to water usage.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Yeah. They last time I checked water runs downhill. From the mountains to the sea. So when we don't have snow in the mountains we don't have water in the flatlands. Or you can pump up all the water out of the ground. Then it goes down the drain. Then it goes to the ocean. Then it takes thousands of years of rain to put the water back into the ground. "Water. Water everywhere. But nary a drop to drink." I have hydrophopia.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          There is water and there is "Water". What is it you don't get? Yeah, there is no new "Matter". But, the difference is what is potable? So we will eventually have to recycle every drop of water that started out as potable. Regardless of what that water was used for.
          Its evaporation and condensation that makes water reusable no matter what you put in it. Its natures way of distilling.

Comment

You had just better hope that it rains where you live and not in some rain forest or 2,000 miles away. You obviously don't know where your water comes from. I lived in the Bay Area for 49 years. East Bay and North Bay. Do your homework and just hope you don't have to go through the drought of 1977-79.

Comment

Working...
            X