Don't fukking waste water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't fukking waste water

This really pisses me of. I lived water rationing when I lived in Marin County, the richest county in the country. Here, my neighbors seem to have no problem with hosing down the street. I stared them down a while ago and I stared them down just now. They turned the hose off. Lucky for them. Because I haven't slept well and I am cranky. This is not new for me. That rationing was back in 1978 and we ran a group foster home with 6 kids.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I currently live under Level 5 water restrictions, because of local dams dropping below 20% capacity. We've been in a drought for years now, so using water sparingly is a fact of life here. The only reason my plants aren't dead is because we have a rainwater tank, and we get enough occasional rain to keep it topped off. Not enough rain to break the drought though. We also filter the tank water for drinking.

http://www.toowoombawater.com.au/wat.../level5-2.html
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, where I lived they actually ran a big water pipeline over the bridge. We think oil is a bitch..Just wait until Arizona and Nevada run out. Yes, I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains a lot. But I will never forget just how precious water is.

Comment

Its their money to waste their water.

Its not like you will turn on your tap and it will go dry because of your neighbors.

In other words its not like you will run out of water.

Fett dont grow up to be one of those cranky old people that would call the cops on me when I was a kid just because I drove my go cart around the block.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          Its their money to waste their water.

Its not like you will turn on your tap and it will go dry because of your neighbors.

In other words its not like you will run out of water.

Fett dont grow up to be one of those cranky old people that would call the cops on me when I was a kid just because I drove my go cart around the block.
          And they were hosing down the street because?

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            And they were hosing down the street because?
            Probably to keep the asphalt from cracking.

Or they were washing away the dirt from the UPS truck that brought Fett yet another guitar

Fett - The Pacific Northwest isn't under a drought threat. Chill dude, you're making yourself an old man.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Heh, whilst walking my dogs last night I came upon a couple houses where the sprinklers had obviously been on for a while (water draining onto sidewalk and onto the street). Of course I walked right in there and shut the hoses off.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Doesn't it rain like 364 days a year where you live? The water gets back into the ecosystem as it runs down the street.

Fett, don't let it get to you. There are much better reasons to hate your neighbors.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Good job, Ron

Did you also report them for being whatever religious persuasion they are?

It simply astounds me how California - being right on the ocean, and being one of if not THE richest state in the Union - rations water. Build a desalinization plant or two, people.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Right on, Ron. AK47 your sprinkler doesn't work. There is no excuse to waste water. Anyone who has lived through a water shortage knows. The water at my trailer park is "Free". That doesn't mean I have the right to waste it. The "Water" issue is going to be "The Issue" a lot sooner than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                      , don't let it get to you. There are much better reasons to hate your neighbors.
                      Don't get me started because it already is happening now. And the sun has set at 6:00. I can hardly wait until it's sunny til 9PM. It's a good thing I like Spanish. And don't mind the kids until they do the "Shreeek". I'll nip that in the bud.:ROTF:

Comment

It simply astounds me how California - being right on the ocean, and being one of if not THE richest state in the Union - rations water. Build a desalinization plant or two, people.
                        What's a desalinization plant? It removes salt from water? how does it do that??
                        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalinization_Plant

Comment

Desalinization plants are used in the Middle east and Japan that I know of. Not sure what they used when I was in the Corps but that was some of the best water I've ever had. The US would be wise to play catch up in this case.
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              I currently live under Level 5 water restrictions, because of local dams dropping below 20% capacity. We've been in a drought for years now, so using water sparingly is a fact of life here. The only reason my plants aren't dead is because we have a rainwater tank, and we get enough occasional rain to keep it topped off. Not enough rain to break the drought though. We also filter the tank water for drinking.

http://www.toowoombawater.com.au/wat.../level5-2.html
                              yup its the same here in the west
                              my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X