No announcement yet.

Drugs and two generations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the age of 36 I have no time or desire for drugs and barely any for booze. Life has enough going on without me wasting my time being wasted.

I used to smoke weed every day. I sold it for years. Did lots of acid back in the 80's too. Probably too much. Mushrooms were pretty plentiful then too. It got to a point where I was worried I was going to fry my brain permanently on LSD and then I got worried that if I did do some more, the paranoia of going crazy would set in on my trip and I'd really go crazy so...fuck that. Too scary. I think if I did another hit I would end up in a psych ward or kill someone. Seriously. I won't touch it again.

I quit smoking weed just before I met my wife. I was pretty bored of it by then. All it did was either put me to sleep or make me paranoid and it was a waste of $$$ and I didn't feel like getting busted, etc so I said fuck it. Just not worth the hassle.

Booze and me...we have a strange relationship. I drank like a fish for many years too. I believe I was borderline alcoholic. I blew so much $$$, lost some good friends and went on many crazy benders. I did lots of shit I am ashamed of and that I will never tell a soul. Finally I just put the brakes on and said "no more binges". I pretty much stopped drinking altogether and I went back to school and got my shit together. Got the killer job I have now and met my wonderful wife who I have 2 awesome kids with. Nowadays I have the occasional beer while watching wrestling or have a few at a concert ( I actually got pretty buzzed at Slayer last summer but it was a good time). Pissing it up old school just doesn't happen anymore.

I don't mean to preach coz I know most folks can go and have a good time and it's not a problem. For me it kinda was and so I stopped. I think it's a good thing I did when I did too coz when I really think about it I believe I was headed for rock fucking bottom. I've seen many friends get there and that's not somewhere I wanna be.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      I remember hash under glass from the 80's!

Now it's hash under glass (crystal) in a different way-lol, you've got your moonrock, and spacebase, a fine concoction of angel Dust and crack-lol Those are two drugs that shouldn't be smokable at the same time, now look, I didn't inhale(yeah right-lol) but I will admit to trying to tackle a parked car yesterday. Everything is easier to get than a hot dog from a street cart. And sometime they're the ones even doling the stuff out. Saw it with my own two eyes. This world is seriously bent, thus my toughts of running for office somehow. I have nothing to hide, I'll admit to anything I'm asked., and then pose the question, it's me or my opponent who I happen to have a picture of in a barn with a goat, and here it is. -lol
      Sorry, lost my head.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Im 16 and drink at weekends and smoke pot daily.
        If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

Well, for me it was always easy for me to get to because of my location. Especially in South FL, hard drugs were EVERYWHERE, and still are!

Comment

my daddy died of a brain tumor when i was 13 ...he was 33 at the time
            i partied hard doing just about everything except needle shit while waiting to die at the same age as the od man ...never happened
            learned a while back that beer is my drug of choice ...it keeps me sane ....sort of ....anything like weed that inhibits beer is not for me
            spent 2 years clean between may of 2004 and june of 2006 .... lots of NA
            bitch cunt wife issues and court crap ...now i am drinking beer and having a hard time stopping ....
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
            X