Drugs and two generations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drugs and two generations

I know for a fact that I am old enough to some member's grandfather. I'm very curious to see what drugs you guys have done. I'll start. Being a kid in the '60's, we were very into beer and wine. Where I lived, weed was a very new thing. We did it a bit. I watched a kid fry himself on huffing "Can-o-Frost". LSD was out there as well as Speed. Coke was not an issue then. The one thing that hit me very hard was the fact that I knew that stuff could kill me. I didn't want to jump out of a building high on LSD. I didn't want to be a speed freak like I saw in Berkeley. I didn't want to freeze my brain. I didn't want my heart to stop. I cannot imagine what is like out there now. But, I know. The days of having a little-high are so gone it scares me. That's why I stick to beer and a little wine. They are foods.:ROTF: And I can justify it. But Meth, Crack, Snort, and all the rest just blows my mind.
    Last edited by fett; 02-20-2007, 07:39 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I smoked weed for a while but quit almost completely (last time was about 2 months ago at a Gov't Mule concert ). I tried salvia a few times but it was too intense to be recreational. And I don't drink (17 y/o senior, one of the few I know who doesn't). My older brother was a huge pothead for a while and I think has tried everything. Now he just drinks. My old man was a burnout back in the 70's, and has boozed up until now. He's been clean sober for 90 days.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Growing up in the 60s was great but around 1966 I ventured in to the drug world.Mostly weed but some other halluciogens(sp)no LSD but peyote,sylicybin(shrooms)and a few animal tranquilizers.
      In the 70s weed and cocaine.The 80s it was all cocaine about $200.00 a day.I quit all in 87 and have not done ANY and will never do any ever.
      There is a reason they call it dope it makes you stupid.You are willing to sell everything you own to get high that is stupidity.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the 80's was all about the blow.
        8 Balls and Coke Whores was the norm.
        Great times.
        That's until one of your friends heart basically bursts outside the Club, and there is not a thing you can do.
        Not a great time and it haunts me to this day.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
          the 80's was all about the blow.
          8 Balls and Coke Whores was the norm.
          Great times.
          That's until one of your friends heart basically bursts outside the Club, and there is not a thing you can do.
          Not a great time and it haunts me to this day.
          I had a pretty similar experience except I wasn't actually there when my friend died, and it was meth, not coke. He was 37 and had a heart attack in his sleep. His girlfriend woke up and he was gone. He was actually the dealer to our group of party friends, and we all laid off for about a month - then his brother took up the "dealership" and we all went back to it. After a few months I decided that death would be the end if I didn't quit. So I quit my job and moved 50 miles away just to get away from my group and connections.

But to fully answer the question:

Pot
          Downers
          Speed (pills and capsules)
          LSD
          Psilicybin mushrooms
          Mescaline
          Cocaine (powder and crack)
          Meth
          Quaaludes
          Somas
          Xanax
          Placidyl
          Seconal
          Vicodin
          No heroin, I got that going for me!

I quit the meth in 1989 and the rest in 1996. I do smoke weed occasionally but I haven't bought or kept a stash since 1996. If someone breaks it out it's 50/50 whether I'll partake or not.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The most I ever did was pot and drinking. My step-father was a cop and pot was as far as I was willing to push it.

Now my old man on the other hand, well, if it didn't involve a needle he'd try it. He's been clean for 20 years now, but back in his band days he partied a lot.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

I do my script pain killers from the doc..Vicodin,Xanax, Soma, Darvacette and a occassional weed. I've cut down alot on the weed.

I don't drink at all..I'll puke instantly!

I don't use anything else, I tried opium long ago and loved it...along with hash..and acid just a couple times when I was a kid..that was fun shit..

I stay away from Heroin, coke, pcp and meth..or anything like that..being a cop I seen first hand what people do under the influence of that shit..no thank you!

Kinda like what I do when I take ambien..I trip fuggin' balls on ambien!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by QuantumRider; 02-20-2007, 10:50 PM.
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I did heroin for a while and just didn't like getting high for about 4 hours then feeling like shit for the next 20 hours.Mescaline was nice kind of made you mellow while you saw things that weren't there.Peyote was quite a rush and very intense for a long time.Best high for your money.Hash I rate with weed its was ok.Opium was great to smoke I didn't like shooting it up way to intense for me.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I"m still a young one at 22 this year on April 20th, but, growing up in New Orleans, and now South FL, I was into drugs quite a bit, I've been a speedhead for a few years, quit that, though I miss it... I did a little coke, and heroin, but like straycat, couldn't manage the long ass rebound time.... I hate pot, for some odd reason, but I've smoked plenty of it....I did a bit of pill popping in highschool, don't remember what all it was though. But I do remember I put my head down and stopped breathing for about 20 seconds in Biology class, and the girl next to me freaked out because she took what I took! I'm probably considered an alcoholic at the moment, and if you break out the speed or coke, I'll more than likely go for it.

Comment

Easier to list what I haven't done, hehe... I'd prolly forget half of it anyways...

Long and short of it... Drugs are bad... Mmmmk?

Comment

I'm 20. Never done anything but drink. And I've been around just about everything and had ample opportunity to do them.

Comment

I've done my share of stupid shit.
                          Smoked a lot of pot through the years, and really don't care for it. It makes everything hilarious, makes me stupid, I clean out the cupboards/fridge, and fall asleep.
                          I've tried acid, that was a good time. Coke didn't last long enough and was WAY too expensive, I loved crank (speed). I was too chicken to try heroin, and I'm glad for that.
                          I smoked pot a few months ago..remembered why I don't do it anymore. Haven't done anything else in over 10 years.

Comment

I did my fair share of stupid shit as a teenager, but once adulthood hit, life smacked me square in the forehead.
                            I didn't have the time nor the desire to blow my cash on the shit anymore.
                            Beer was it for me once I hit 19.
                            A roof over my head was more important.
                            The career path I've chosen doesn't tolerate drug use.
                            -Rick

Comment

I've never touched anything other than alcohol and nicotine. Never been interested I suppose. And now I've quit the nicotine. Yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X