Restless leg syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm posting in the wrong place. Sorry.
    Last edited by fett; 12-27-2006, 07:01 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I can't recall the last time I slept through the whole night.
      Ether I wake up with my arms numb or my shoulder thorbbing.
      I'm told by the Mrs. that booze makes Restless leg syndrome
      worse.

Comment

I sometimes suffer from RLS, try eating bananas or something else to increase your potasium intake, it may help.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I sleep with a CPAP machine which keeps me from snoring and allows me to sleep on my back. When I snored I would sleep on my side to reduce my snoring. I would wake up at different times of the night from extreme pain in my shoulder or my arm being totally numb. Now I sleep with minimal movement and pretty damned solidly all night.

Comment

I have a restless third leg...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
              :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post

woah, you should probably get that checked out.

Comment

Nah, my girlfriend loves it...

Comment

How many cheap guitars are in the bed with you fett? Might be something to consider. :P

Seriously tho:
                    Originally posted by www.rls.org
                    What non-drug treatments are recommended for RLS?

In addition to medications, there are other things you and your doctor can consider when trying to help you deal with RLS. These options may include:
                    • Checking to see if there is an underlying iron or vitamin deficiency and then possibly supplementing your diet with iron, vitamin B12 or folate.
                    • Looking at medications you may be taking which make RLS worse. These may include drugs used to treat high blood pressure, heart conditions, nausea, colds, allergies and depression.
                    • Looking at any herbal and over-the-counter medicines you may be taking to see if they could be worsening your RLS.
                    • Identifying habits and activities that worsen RLS symptoms.
                    • Looking at your diet to assure it is healthy and balanced.
                    • Discussing whether or not antihistamines could be contributing to your RLS.
                    • Eliminating your alcohol intake.
                    • Looking at various activities that may help you personally deal with RLS. These could include walking, stretching, taking a hot or cold bath, massaging, acupressure, or relaxation techniques.
                    • Attempting to keep your mind engaged with activities like discussions, needlework or video games when you have to stay seated.
                    • Implementing a program of good sleep habits.
                    • Possibly eliminating caffeine from your diet to aid in general sleep hygiene.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                    X