No announcement yet.

How times have changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.
    1973 ........Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 ......Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.
    Bullshit. Maybe in 1953 but not in 1973 - at least not where I grew up.

The reason principals and other people in so called authority don't get to do this is because they don't dish it out fair and reasonable. And as it turns out, there are some sick fuckers out there in positions of trust (cough) clergy (cough) teachers (cough) police officers (cough).

No principal or teacher is going to lay a hand on my kids to discipline them. I've already had one principal in tears for the way he treated my son and he didn't even touch him.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I got whacked a few times by my parents...the normal spankings. I think being he youngest of 5 helped. I learned from them and asking what the hell they did to have mom chase them around with a hockey stick lol...I was a fairly good kid because of that. I dont think gettin spanked did anything to me...taking shit I loved away did...I loved hockey and if I got in trouble that meant no hockey...sucks as an 8-9 year old and having to explain to my teamates why I couldnt play in an important game

I spanked my own kids probably 3-4 times, I hate doing that. They are usually great kids but they fuck up from time to time...both have A or A/B GPA's. I just take their freedom away when they get outta line and that is what works for my kids....
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post

The reason principals and other people in so called authority don't get to do this is because they don't dish it out fair and reasonable. And as it turns out, there are some sick fuckers out there in positions of trust (cough) clergy (cough) teachers (cough) police officers (cough).

No principal or teacher is going to lay a hand on my kids to discipline them. I've already had one principal in tears for the way he treated my son and he didn't even touch him.
        lol I hear ya Tim.....I told my mom I got paddled at school on time and she was at the school in a second bitching them out..."no one hits my kids but me and I'll decide if its needed..not the teachers or school system" :ROTF:
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I don't have kids, but if I did and I found out any son of a bitch at any school laid one finger on him or especially her there would be no place for that mother fucker to hide. To say someone would get that ass kicked in would be a serious understatement!

I had a horrible school experience and would not in any way tolerate my kids going through a fraction of that uncalled for bullshit.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Taking stuff away is very key. I have spanked my kid with little to no result and now dont do it at all. Take away her thirty minutes of cartoons after school, girl scouts, or her toys and it is as though the world has ended. I have been out of school for close to twenty years. My senior year a guy got caught with a shotgun shell in his truck and was sent home for the day. This was in Texas so tolerence for firearms may vary from state to state, but I really wonder about people rolling into school with a gun in the rack anywhere.

Comment

It wasn't my intention to start a political thread. I just had this e-mailed to me and thought it was all very true. So, I shared. Can't we all just get along?
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Have all the well adjusted people from the past, including 1973, died then?

Comment

i got the ever lovin' piss wailed out of me by my older brothers, but that's completely natural isn't it?
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                    It wasn't my intention to start a political thread. I just had this e-mailed to me and thought it was all very true. So, I shared. Can't we all just get along?
                    it was probably the added line at the end, blaming the liberals, Democrats, etc that made this a political thread rather than a "remember the good old days" thread. My knowledge of US politics might be a little shaky, but haven't the Republicans been running the country the last 6-7 years?

Back when I was a kid, you could buy a loaf of bread and bottle of milk for 20cents and still have change. Now, it costs $2.50 for a loaf and the same again for a bottle of milk. Damn, the [enter political party with opposing ideology to my own here], damn them all to hell!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

My older brother and step brother hogtied me and put me in the bathroom and turned off the lights... They forgot about me and went out to play. I stayed tied up in that dark room all day until my dad got home from work. I was 5 maybe 6 years old at the time.

My brother never really bothered me again, but my step brother continued to bully and torment me and kick my ass periodically for a few more years after that.

My dad always told me that one of the proudest memories he had was when he (step brother) was was bullying me one day and I just opened up on him and beat him silly. I was about 12 then.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        Eh, I got paddled a couple times at public school in the 70s.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Don't take me wrong. I do side with kids not getting corporal punishment..it does leave scars mentally and emotionally. Take it from someone who's gotten their share of it growing up. I blame part of it on my mother being bipolar with frequent swings.
                          I know this now because I am bipolar, and I too, have the frequent swings. And I will admit, when I'm having an episode, it takes a lot to step back and take a breath and not haul off on my kids. I don't, thanks to the meds I'm on, and I would never because I do believe it's wrong...but I can understand how some can get heavy-handed on their kids.

Comment

I received the cane around the back of the legs back in the early 80s. Had friends who caught it across the hands too. This was at public school too.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Spankings don't leave emotional or physical scars! REAL abuse does....

I'm not a hippy so I agree with the original poster and most of the others...

Comment

I think Vulf is talking about psychosis/abuse.
                                We are discussing kicking someone's "know it all, you can't touch me" kid's ass. Something that everyone needs every now and then. Emotionally or physically, people need to know there are real penalties and life is not always fair.
                                The best lesson I learned was in high school (late 1980s)
                                The shop teacher told us we would get paddled for dipping in the shop. Next week, he was spitting in a cup himself. We all started up with dipping during class. Ass whippings for all of us. He only stopped between each kid to reload his dip or spit. Life is not fair, rules are rules and sometimes you don't own the place. Probably one of the best teachers I had.

Edit: Tim's points are well taken, and there are some BS reasons the administration gets on some kids. However I have been around some of these assclown parents whose baby can't do no wrong. The school admin's hands are tied because the bitch parents cry everytime their [insert mental disability/medication here] kid is special. I got news for those parents, take your special ass to a special school and leave normal kids alone- oh now your gonna sue because your kids shows his dick to everyone at school and beats up chinese kids, why that's normal, of course no one should discipline him, he's special.
                                Last edited by 442w30; 11-30-2006, 12:42 AM. Reason: clarification
                                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                                X