How times have changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How times have changed

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.
    1973.....Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.
    2006 ......School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1973 ......Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.
    2006 ......Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.
    Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1973 ........Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.
    2006 ......Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.
    Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.
    1973 ........Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
    2006…….Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.
    Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.
    1973 ....Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.
    2006 .......... Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1973 .........5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.
    2006.........Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.
    Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.
    1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
    2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state Democrat party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can’t speak English.
    Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.
    1973 .. Ants die.
    2006.. BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Isn’t our "NEW" more "Enlightened" Society grand??

God bless the Liberals, Democrats and the ACLU.

"You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

What's really sad is none of that is over-exaggerated!!
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I was just talking about this with my wife and kids the other day when I was talking about my frst concert. I was in 7th grade (same as my oldest son) and my mom took me and a buddy of mine to downtown Detroit and just dorpped us off and said see around 11pm ...fast forward to 2006...I'd never do that nad have to go in and see whatever show they wanna see
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Pretty pathetic really. I miss the good old days.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post

God bless the Liberals, Democrats and the ACLU.

If you think those folks are scary, you should go check out the Conservatives, Republicans, and the Moral Majority - nobody knows how to strip people of their rights and pit people against each other better than them.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

OMGS the Democracks and the liberal hippies are destroying the world.....
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              If you think those folks are scary, you should go check out the Conservatives, Republicans, and the Moral Majority - nobody knows how to strip people of their rights and pit people against each other better than them.
              What rights?

BTW... incomming half assed democratic/republican debate which shall be locked/deleted in 5....4....3.... *snap*
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I spent some time the last two days at the high school my son attends.I have never seen such bullshit.The kids are guilty until proven innocent about everything,the gossip among the faculty just works as a tool for that.A lot of kids I know,good kids with good parents,don't stand a chance against this school.Yeah,I miss the good old days too,Scott................
                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

It's the times. My daughter doesnt really want learn to ride a bike because she cant really ride anywhere or at least I will not let her ride by herself. When I was a kid if I wanted to go somewhere I had to ride. Want to go get a coke, go swimming, to a friend's? You had to ride. We treat our kids like veal now and wonder why they are all getting fat.

Comment

It kills me to see people arguing over political parties. Both sides are so equally fucked up it's not even funny.

Both of them will shit in your mouth, call it a sundae, then tax you on it!

Comment

Have to make a change.

1973.....Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.
                      2006 ......Jack pulls rifle out and kills 15 students & faculty. Everyone blames the music he listens to.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                        Have to make a change.

2006 ......Jack pulls rifle out and kills 15 students & faculty. Everyone blames the music he listens to.
                        OR

2006 ......Jack pulls rifle out and kills 15 students & faculty. Everyone blames the gun instead of searching for the reason he snapped.

Comment

politics dont matter here...times have changed w/o question

it doesnt matter what idiot is president, who controls the house...they'll all eventually be idiots to everyone anyway...tis the circle of politics
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                            OR

2006 ......Jack pulls rifle out and kills 15 students & faculty. Everyone blames the gun instead of searching for the reason he snapped.
                            OR

2006 ......Jack pulls rifle out and kills 15 students & faculty. Everyone blames video games.

Comment

when I grew up, we didn't have any of this "time out" crap, it was more like lights out, kabamm!!!-lol
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X