Any tips on will power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
    Wanting to quit it, is a good sign, that is the first quality step. You have to WANT to quit in your head. Just gotta do it, and surround yourself with people that aren't in that circle.
    +1

Make yourself accountable to others.

Comment

Alot of great advice in here. Thanks to everyone who replied. I'll let you know how i'm going in a few weeks.

Comment

I'll still fire one up, but I don't really care about it anymore. The main thing for me is going to jail. I got busted for it when I was 19 and that shit follows you around for-fucking-ever!

Maturity may also play a huge part in quitting or cutting back. Try considering your future. If you're still young, under 25 or so, you'll never know where life will lead you. Your actions today can very much determine or dictate your future.

Something you think is "cool" now you will see as stupid in 15 years. Trust me on that!

I never thought that little arrest I had at 19 would come up and fuck me 18 years later.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by mab8485 View Post
          I'm trying to cut down my pot smoking a bit, but the temptation coupled with my poor will power is a bad mix.

Anyone got any tips?
          Chances are if you asking help for "will power" not many suggestion if any at all will be helpful...........you have no "will power" thats the problem.
          Chewing gum, exercising and etc won't help you since you don't have the will power to resist.
          Substituting isn't strengthing will power. Gotta go, NEXT
          Last edited by Soap; 11-22-2006, 07:47 AM.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

be thankful that it's pot who you're stepping in the ring with, it's a winnable fight
            dude, in fact, you're already the favorite at Atomic Books, so I have you as a 9-2 favorite right now for the afternoon line today, but with Thanksgiving coming up, those odds could change as we near the holiday. I shouldn't joke about this, but I do mean it when I say be happy you're not chained to something nastier than pot. You're not in bad shape dude.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I know no one can give me better will power. Just looking for suggestions on strategies to make it a little easier. 2 days down now (which is pretty good since i've been smoking at least once a day for over a month). Been excercising more and filling in my spare time with lots of guitar. Sobriety is a trip

Comment

You're already past the hardest part, though you may be a little irritable for a few days. You will really start to notice after a month or so that you're thinking more clearly, and that's when the positive reinforcement will really begin.

I quit in 1996 after 24 years of smoking, just stopped the day after a big party where we did it all: booze, weed, cocaine. I had a wild night and the next day, I wasn't really hung over or hurting but I just felt fed up with it all. In the past 4 years I've smoked weed 2 or 3 times a year when I was with friends, and enjoyed it, but then was always grateful to get my head clear once again too.

You should save a fortune if you're buying an 8th a week at $50 or $60 a pop.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Will Power?

well, he's certainly grabbing the right people's attention. Has picked up a few awards this year. He might have quite a Champ Car career, the way he's going.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...icle&sid=44844
                  Last edited by VitaminG; 11-22-2006, 05:42 PM.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

i'm looking to use this "quit smoking" as a new year's resolution... i fail these every year, but it's the thought that counts . Joke aside, I wouldn't mind buying a new guitar and never having to work overtime to get it.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                    X