No announcement yet.

Had to share this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude... That part where he does the whammy bar trick at around 3:30 is amazing..
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Holy Hairdo! I've never seen that before, thanks for the clip.

Pantera was a great band. There were a few clunkers on every album, Domination being one I never liked, but most bands have a few filler tracks. Phil was never as much a problem for me as Diamond's guitar tone was. When he started abusing the whammy pedal on FBD it just drove me nuts.

Having said that, he is a legendary metal icon and gets my respect for carrying the torch and giving us so many incredible tunes. RIP Dime.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        ya know, I usually just keep my mouth shut on stuff like this, but this is just too much. fuck me if there is anything musical about that kind of "playing." no melody, the lead was just splattered notes with no tune to them, what the fuck is that? that takes zero talent.

people idolize this guy over the crap he plays on this video?

it is beyond me how people think this band is any good, I think they are 100% noise and they suck. I have tried to listen to them many times and there is not one of their songs I've ever heard that I thought was any good at all. if anyone can point me to an actual song by Pantera with a melody and no cookiemonster vocals by idiotboy, I'm all ears.

sorry, end of rant. flame away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4pdIu1gCjM

Yep... No melody or feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4pdIu1gCjM

Yep... No melody or feeling
          Thanks, I liked that clip.

I was really only referring to the Domination clip that started the thread there.

I respect the band and Dime for what they are and how they got many more people to love metal, that's all good, but they just aren't my cuppa tea, which is a better way of stating what I said earlier, I guess.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

thanks that is a much better song, I guess I've heard Cemetary Gates before but it was a long time ago. one of their early ones I guess?

wish they'd have done more stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
              Dude... That part where he does the whammy bar trick at around 3:30 is amazing..
              technically that was nothing special.
              whammy tricks and tapping are both pretty boring to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                If you don't like Phil, and don't like Pantera's style, maybe this will better show Dime's many talents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHv99XhJ5zk
                that is funny, yeah I had heard they were a spandex hair band before they decided to morph into a white trash noise metal band.

Comment

by the way, although Pantera is not my thing, just like everyone I was outraged and shocked and saddened that he was murdered and I hope that never happens again to anyone in music ever.

Comment

Their cover of Planet Caravan was awesome. The outro solo....just...wow. I got to see Dime when he was in Damageplan, he was really down to earth. He had a guy pour a shot of Jack Daniels in everyone's mouth in the front row. It was cool. I don't even like Jack that much anymore, but I took that shot!! RIP Dime...

Comment

:ROTF:
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X