• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to share this

FFFFaaaaahhhhukkkk!! Dime was just awesome RIP Bro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTR-t...search=pantera

Nothing cooler than dime
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Yeah, dime freaking rocks man.
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

ya know, I usually just keep my mouth shut on stuff like this, but this is just too much. fuck me if there is anything musical about that kind of "playing." no melody, the lead was just splattered notes with no tune to them, what the fuck is that? that takes zero talent.

people idolize this guy over the crap he plays on this video?

it is beyond me how people think this band is any good, I think they are 100% noise and they suck. I have tried to listen to them many times and there is not one of their songs I've ever heard that I thought was any good at all. if anyone can point me to an actual song by Pantera with a melody and no cookiemonster vocals by idiotboy, I'm all ears.

sorry, end of rant. flame away...
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUbvf...search=pantera

Comment

Awesome. Nothing else to say. I miss Dime!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              ya know, I usually just keep my mouth shut on stuff like this, but this is just too much. fuck me if there is anything musical about that kind of "playing." no melody, the lead was just splattered notes with no tune to them, what the fuck is that? that takes zero talent.

it is beyond me how people think this band is any good, I think they are 100% noise and they suck. I have tried to listen to them many times and there is not one of their songs I've ever heard that I thought was any good at all. if anyone can point me to an actual song by Pantera with a melody and no cookiemonster vocals by idiotboy, I'm all ears.

Comment

j/k

I can understand where you are coming from. Personally, I think that Dimebag was one of those guys that came out at the time that really grabbed people by the balls. The guy was serious talent and pure heart and soul inside and outside of the band. Some people say that he became famous after he was shot. Personally, the guy was legendary as soon as he hit the stage. Fucken hardcore and in your face playing. To some, this is their thing and what they latch onto. But, for anyone to sit down and say "This is crap.... End of story" You need to back up and think to yourself that this is possibly not your thing. My feeling is to each their own. I am sure there are a lot of people outside of your realm and playing that would say the same thing about you. Personally, I think the guy has serious talent.

Just my .02.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

You better should have kept your mouth shut this time as well...
                  It is obvious that this band is not your cup of tea, why do you feel the need to rag on them?
                  "100% noise, no melody, zero talent, cookiemonster vocals"... give me a break here. I disagree on everything you said.
                  I'm not even a Pantera fan (not really my style), but I watched this vid and have to give MUCH RESPECT to the guys, they really ripped it up IMO.

Well I hope at least you feel better now that you got that stuff out of your system. I sure do.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Ditto.
                    You obviously have no idea what "cookie monster" vocals are.. Anselmo is a shouter, and a pretty good one to boot. No deathmetal there.
                    Also, you have no idea what melody is about, because his lead playing is melodic - besides the divebombs, of course. It may be fast and aggressive, but it's not a Slayeresque flurry of dissonance.
                    That said, I don't even really like Pantera either.

Comment

Yeah in no way is that cookie monster vocals.....maybe closer to Oscar the Grouch and Bid D's playing was very innovative and cool.....waaaayyyyy before he died......now go back to your telecaster and play some Jimmy buffett :ROTF:

Comment

I always loved the song Cemetary Gates but couldn't get into Pantera when I was younger. I loved the Damageplan album so I wen't back and found a lot of Patera songs that I really like. It's a shame that I started getting into Dimebag right before he died. I can't listen to alot of stuff from back then anymore, but Pantera is different. I for one HATE cookiemonster more than anyone. I do not put Pantera in that catagory. Sometimes the vocals are a bit much, but I have dimebags guitar playing to listen to. New bands with the cookiemonster vocals suck big time. Even if there guitar player is good , I can't listen to it. Give Dimebag some respect at least. Do you remember the 80's and 90's ? You could have listened to a lot worse back then.

Comment

I don't care about metal but I dig Pantera because unlike 99,9999% of other metal bands, Pantera had groove.

Asshelmo's voice isn't really a cookiemonster in that particular video, it's more like a punk/hardcore thing. In the mid 90's he started to sound more like a cookie monster.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well I'm not a high on Pantera fan charts and dont like the grunting vocals but Phil can really sing. I can understand you not liking them or that style of music but I dont understand how you can claim they have no talent. That is one tight metal band without question. I got into Dime after his death and only have one CD (CFH) but found out that Vinnie Paul is a killer drummer and Dime is a way underrated guitar player. I've learned some of his stuff and for me this harder to learn than Rhoads, Yngwie and Eddie. I know it doesnt sound difficult but my style is so different and a lot of what Dime did was shit I'd never do in my own improvisations or material

http://www.shawnlutz.com/ripdimebag.wmv

http://www.shawnlutz.com/cemetery_gates_live.mp3
                            RIP Dime!
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

If you don't like Phil, and don't like Pantera's style, maybe this will better show Dime's many talents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHv99XhJ5zk
                              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                              X