• Show
Clear All

Go CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13 View Post
      Go CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Who ???????

Comment

are they going to be able to get this game in tonight? No more rain outs
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Glavin is a mean sumbitch on the mound for sure..... Albert P's. bat has been asleep all series .... If the Cards don't get their shit together tonight, they will be watching the World Series from their recliners like me.....

There is no way they can take 2 games in NY.

A~
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

ST. KING, you are wrong on that one. Tonite is the biggest game of the series, it's the "swing" game. the last two are in new york, but trachsel for game 7 is a not a chance in the world if you're as smart as I think you are WillieRandolph. I think the cards can win only because glavine is still on less rest than usual from his last start, but it's anybodies series, but tonite the Mets would really like to wake up after taking that 2-0 lead, andwatching the cards score 4 unanswered. A met miracle will happen tonite, or in game 6 by the mets. the Mets pitching is the question mark. How about jeff weaver pitching well at all? I couldn't believe it. Cards had a chance to blow it open with the bases loaded , no outs and a 3-2 lead but were mir.aculously held
              to none. Bottom 7- Cards-4
              Mets-2.
              We'll see.
              Been a good game tonite. a reallly good game.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

ato,mic prediction- Beltran, Del Gado, will contribute to a 3 run rally the 8th inning to actually take the lead in the game, only to send it to extra innings later where it's a Cards win in the 13th 6-5, or the Mets 6-5-lol
                I'm Nostrathomas here .
                Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 10-17-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

"There is no way they can take 2 games in NY."
                  Hmmm...didn't folks say that about another team...oh yeah..the TIGERS!!! Sorry couldn't help myself

Comment

Well now all they need is 1 game in NY.

Comment

Its funny how fox has that strike zone thing. Whenever I would get pissed about a bad call, they would show it and it was a bad call. I know these things go either way in equal amounts to each side but it still annoys me. There should be a guy in the booth who calls the strikes and balls from a computer screen and relays it to the ump behind the plate. I hate it when a guy gets rung up on a bad call strike.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                        "There is no way they can take 2 games in NY."
                        Hmmm...didn't folks say that about another team...oh yeah..the TIGERS!!! Sorry couldn't help myself
                        The Yanks smacked 'em around pretty good in game 1 like they did all through the regular season Jeri -Tiger. Sorry , I had to say it cuz I'm still taking kitchen knives to things in the house over this-lol
                        They were up 3-1 in game two after the rainout , which I think had a big effect as we have lost our last 4 daytime playoff games at home, and we proceeded to go 1 for 16 with r.i.s.p., Verlander gotout of every jam through the 6th, it was pretty amazing.. At night is when the ghosts come up out and haunt the opposing teams Super J. , i'll tell you all about it if you wish, I'm a baseball incurable junkie. I'll be rooting for the american league regardless during the series. (the Mets have to win both games. Last time they came home down 3-2 with the final 2 games at home was in '86 against the Red Sox. Gonna be interesting, it was looking like Glavine was cruising for a while tonite, then Albert came up and took over. Pujols is just one amazing hitter across the board in every facet. He can hit anything. No travel day either, Game 6 tomorrow night!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                          Its funny how fox has that strike zone thing. Whenever I would get pissed about a bad call, they would show it and it was a bad call. I know these things go either way in equal amounts to each side but it still annoys me. There should be a guy in the booth who calls the strikes and balls from a computer screen and relays it to the ump behind the plate. I hate it when a guy gets rung up on a bad call strike.

Alright!!! somebody agrees with me for once. The umps are so god damned inconsistent it's a fukkin' travesty. If you're going to be bad, be bad the whole game, but don't change the fukkin' strike zone as you go with each inning.
                          The Zebras in the NFL are even worse this year, it's becoming an issue that is one to be squashed and righted. The NFL zebras are absolutely more horrible than ever. The umps blow huge meat wand, and who need them in hockey, just let them play.

Comment

I agree that baseball should have some form of a video replay rule. They have like what, 100 umps on the playing field and still screw up. I think if they do hte rule right it would workout like a team only gets a few challenges a game. It would drag on way too long if the video replayed each pitch but it would work if the ball/strikes are called from the booth Some of those guys are so inconsistent one pitch is a ball and the next one is a strike yet they came across the plate in the exact same place

in the Tiger series you saw a ball hit the foul line and the paint fly upyet the left field ump called it a fould ball. It would have been a for sure double and scored a couple runs. I also saw a few bad calls on players called out when they really safe and vice versa...video replay has made it in other sports so dunno why it hasn't made to MLB but it should
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think MLB is just slow to adopt change. I think the umps tend to expand the strike zone in important situations, especially with men in scoring position. They probably feel that the pitch was hitable and a hit is what your team needs right now so too bad for you. Something like that. It is frustrating though, during the course of one batter to see the same exact pitch get called a strike then a ball.

Comment

Game 7 !!! That's what I'm talkin' about !!!!

LET'S GO METS !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X