Let's Go Mets !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Go Mets !!!!!

C'mon people !!! Give some love & support to the N.Y. Mets !!!

I've been a fan ever since 1969 and I've seen some pretty shitty teams, but this year they have a special club and I'm really hoping they go all the way !!!

Give a shout out if you're hoping the same !!!

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
    C'mon people !!! Give some love & support to the N.Y. Mets !!!

I've been a fan ever since 1969 and I've seen some pretty shitty teams, but this year they have a special club and I'm really hoping they go all the way !!!

Give a shout out if you're hoping the same !!!

They'll suffer the same fate as that "other" MLB team from NYC if thye get past ST Louis to meet the Tigers.....the Tigers are on a mission, sorry
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

If they do get past St. Louis, perhaps you'd like to make a wager Shawn .

Comment

Hey Shawn,

How 'bout this ?

If the Mets lose the World Series, I'll send you a neck-thru JB Player Strat in White with a Budman Custom pickguard,

But if the Mets win, I'll send you a neck-thru JB Player Strat in White with a Budman Custom pickguard.

Sound fair ?

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
          Hey Shawn,

How 'bout this ?

If the Mets lose the World Series, I'll send you a neck-thru JB Player Strat in White with a Budman Custom pickguard,

But if the Mets win, I'll send you a neck-thru JB Player Strat in White with a Budman Custom pickguard.

Sound fair ?

I'm not a betting man but if I we're I wouldnt be looking past St Louis. You gotta get a ticket to the dance before you can show up
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Good luck to the Mets.
            We'd love to beat em at the series..I kinda hope St. Louis wins though, then it will be the 1968 series all over again..

Comment

It pains me to say this but the mets have a lineup that could slug their way to the series win. they have one starting pitcher, Glavine, who's pitching on 3 days rest tonite (so is the cardinals pitcher)their whole staff is in the freakin' hospital,
              Carlos Beltran averages a home run every 6.6 at bats in the playoffs for players with 50 or more at bats, Del Gado is en fuego, Reyes is a stud and can do anything, and David Wright is another weapon. I'm sayin' this and I'm a Yankee fan for godsakes and it's not sour grapes , these are facts. The longer the Tigers sit, the more their fire dies down a little bit , and the longer the Mets play, the worse their bullpen gets used and burned out. It's a sticky situation for both teams. And I'm a real Yankee fan, no bandwagon front running bushit over here. The Mets I think were the team to beat if their entire pitching staff didn't go down the tubes. Their lineup is right up there with any other teams lineup.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

This just in, looks like it's a rainout tonite so glavine is off the hook. He has a terrible record when pitching on short rest. Momentum is only as good as your attitude is going into the present days game along with a little starting pitching I'd say. seriously, I'm really surprised that the Mets didn't cave in with oliver on the hill last night. Something about those headache Mets has me believeing they can win. I'll be rooting for the American league as usual, except in 1986, I stopped in a local catholic church called St. Anastasia's where I grew up, I knelt down, put my quarter in the box, lit a candle and as i gazed at the blessed mother i asked god if he could find a way to make it so both the red Sox and the Mets could both lose at the same time. I tried but it didn't work. I grew up surrounded by Met fans my whole life, what a headache, and when I saw the '86 people putting yankee hats on I was outside the bar puking up my lungs. I really think the Mets have this weird magic thing going on. They hadn't played a meaningful game since early may, they already had the division sewn up, and then they lose their pitchers(Pedro, ElDuque, etc.)Glavine almost to surgery, and th3ey still smacked the snot out of the Dodgers , and last night was a shellacking of the Cardinals. it did make me smile to watch Scott Spiezio run down that drive to left center like my great grandmother who is pusing up daisies right now, and why you ask? Because he was on the much hated Angels at one time. It's gotta be Tigers Mets to even be the slightest bit interesting don't ya think? the cards have already proven they will not beat the American league, I think the Mets have a better chance when matched up on paper.
                leyland is manager of the year, it's really unbeliveable what he has done with that team, even when they tanked at the end of the season. I still am scratching my head, we shoulda knocked verlander out by the 3rd inning, 1-16 with R.I.S.P., nice job guys. I can go all day about this shit, so I better stop now. Jim Edmonds is the coolest cardinal by far in my book, what a catch last night even though the game was over by then.
                Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 10-16-2006, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I've always pulled for the Mets, since their AAA team is (was, I should say) nearby. They'll be affiliated w/ the Orioles starting next year, which sucks. David Wright is from down the road, too. Hard not to like that guy, & hopefully he's back on track from here on. I'm also a big fan of Leyland & Pudge, so it'll be tough if the Mets advance. They're both winners who make everyone around them better. I'll feel good for whoever wins & bad for the loser, I guess.

Comment

I agree with you here. Leyland is amazing and well-respected. Edmonds is fuckin' great !! What a catch,right ?? One of many. I love the guy and I'm a huge Mets fan.

Sorry the Yanks didn't make it and I appreciate the "facts" you've stated. I think it will be Mets/Tigers in the World Series.

With that said ... LET'S GO METS !!!!!!!

Comment

leyland, and Willie randolph a very close second for manager of the year. no contest after the both of them. Joe Girardi did o.k., but he's gonna be broadcasting somehwere, he's toast already. I heard Lou pineilla might manage the cubs!!! -lol that is the sickest thing I've ever heard, he'll ruin that place. he should either take over for Joe, or else we should steal willie Back . Lots of surprises this year. except for choakland bowing out, and the Yanks slowly turning into the Atlanta Braves, ooh that hurts to write, much less say, or write, or even think. Where's my Xanax and crackpipe god damnit!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        leyland, and Willie randolph a very close second for manager of the year. no contest after the both of them. Joe Girardi did o.k., but he's gonna be broadcasting somehwere, he's toast already. I heard Lou pineilla might manage the cubs!!! -lol that is the sickest thing I've ever heard, he'll ruin that place. he should either take over for Joe, or else we should steal willie Back . Lots of surprises this year. except for choakland bowing out, and the Yanks slowly turning into the Atlanta Braves, ooh that hurts to write, much less say, or write, or even think. Where's my Xanax and crackpipe god damnit!!!!
                        :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

:ROTF: @ Tommy's last post...
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well, Glavine gets another day's rest !! This can only be good for the Mets !!

Comment

It's still all about the Braves
                              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                              X