No announcement yet.

Best produced albums of 2006 so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea Bill, you calling Masterplan a polished turd?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

the new mastodon is very nice, Matt Bayles is great!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        yea Bill, you calling Masterplan a polished turd?
        Oh HELL NO..Masterplan fuggin' Ruled..Jorn is the man!!

The best metal/Rock singer today..period..since Halfold in my book!!

I drove my wife fuggin' nuts playing "The Duke" all damn day!!

"We brought the angels down and made them evil"..I love that shit!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ask this question in 2013 or 2014 when Peter Gabriel realeases his next album, then I can answer

but Christina Aquilera - Back To Basics has definetly the best production I've heard this year. She 100% archived her goal with that one. They really got the right vibe (the most important thing in production).

But other than that I haven't heard anything really memoriable this year production wise. Last year Sheryl Crow's Wildflower was amazing and some other stuff too, but this year is kinda sucky IMO.

AFI is pretty decent, Tool's new one is decent too (Lateralus was amazing with David Bottrill) but other than that I haven't heard anything amazing from the world of rock in 2006.

I'm waiting for Army Of Anyone's debut album, it's Filter's frontman's side project. Concidering how amazing Filter's Amalgamut sounded I'm hoping this one to be over the top too.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            but Christina Aquilera - Back To Basics has definetly the best production I've heard this year. She 100% archived her goal with that one.
            I had no idea she had a passion for file storage....

They really got the right vibe (the most important thing in production).
            So no other albums this year "got the right vibe"? By that, do you mean the vibe they were chasing, or a vibe that appeals to you?

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Oh HELL NO..Masterplan fuggin' Ruled..Jorn is the man!!

The best metal/Rock singer today..period..since Halfold in my book!!

I drove my wife fuggin' nuts playing "The Duke" all damn day!!

"We brought the angels down and made them evil"..I love that shit!!
            I agree on all points.

Every so often the wife will ask "who we listening to?" and I have to answer "you know that guy Jorn? It's another one of his projects"
            Hail yesterday

Comment

file storage? they used the coolest vintage gear and real bands and orcestration. and she sang her ass off without any autotuners.

Of corse the vibe they went after, if yout budget is so big then there's a good chance you archive your goal. That's whole point of porduction, getting the right vibe for specific songs and the whole album and do to that you need an A list producer, and those guys cost A LOT.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hatebreed - Supremacy

SYL- The New Black

That's the only new albums that i really rated and loved.
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Gary.."Every so often the wife will ask "who we listening to?" and I have to answer "you know that guy Jorn? It's another one of his projects"

That's the same exact conversation here man..she hates one Masterplan song..I don't know titles.."i was drinkin' , wasn't thinkin' and I'm sorry if I made you cry"..she says she "hates" it..then I'll catch her hummin' it later on..then I go ..Ahaaaah!!!..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nevermore "This Godless Endeavor"
                    Evrgrey "Monday Morning Apocolypse"
                    2 awesome sounding and kick ass cd's
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                      Nevermore "This Godless Endeavor"
                      Evrgrey "Monday Morning Apocolypse"
                      2 awesome sounding and kick ass cd's
                      Didn't This godless Endeavor come out last year?
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Stone Sour- Come What May

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
                          Didn't This godless Endeavor come out last year?

that doesn't matter...damn you anyways??!!

Comment

Christina Aguilera-Back to Basics

I think it will be Chinese Democracy,if the album succeeds to get released.
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Misery Signals-Mirrors

Comment

Working...
                              X