Raped by the power Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep my house at 77 F all the time.
    We use the "equalizer plan" which means my bill is the same every month.
    Just like what Shawn was talking about.
    My bill runs about $200 a month.
    I have APS, which owns the nice nuclear reactor on the other side of town.
    Granted they had to take it off-line a few months back for maintanance, so we did get hit with a rate increase to cover it.
    Went from $175 a month last year to about $200 this year.
    My house is about 2200 sq ft and is all electric (no gas for hot water or dryer).
    -Rick

Comment

Just got my electric bill the other day... $140 for this month! Last month it was like $100, and I only keep the central air at 75 degrees, and I live in a small three-level townhouse.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
        Just got my electric bill the other day... $140 for this month! Last month it was like $100, and I only keep the central air at 75 degrees, and I live in a small three-level townhouse.
        Do what Jimmy would do and bump it to 85 and take your shirt off and wear shorts.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Eh, anything over 75- 78 in the house drives me crazy, makes it uncomfortable to sleep! I didn't mind the heat when I was younger, but now that I'm over 30, I just can't take the heat as much any more.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            Eh, anything over 75- 78 in the house drives me crazy, makes it uncomfortable to sleep! I didn't mind the heat when I was younger, but now that I'm over 30, I just can't take the heat as much any more.
            Get to be my age, by the way I will be 56 on Saturday:ROTF: , and get night sweats. What a bunch of babies.

Comment

Damn. I just turned 34. I can't imagine when I get to your age! :ROTF: I sometimes get night sweats, that's why I also sleep with the ceiling fan on.

Comment

Yes, I am an old fart. I lost my late 20's to my late 30's to very intense times. Now, I am free and feeling fine. By the way, ceiling fans saved my ass in the crackerbox I lived in in Caifornia.

Comment

I live in the province of Alberta where the government deregulated the electricity market with the rationale that deregulation would increase supplier competition which would increase production capacity and lower prices. Last week we had our first rolling black outs. There is an oligopoly. Our province has 3 million people which is a tenth of California. If the California market wasn't large enough to bring in enough suppliers to increase capacity and lower prices I don't know how our government thought our market was big enough.

Comment

I almost forgot the great folks over at the (CPUC) California Public Utilities Commision just approved a 9% rate increase scheduled to take effect 8/1/06.My $400.00 bill would have been $436.00. Because of the public outcry So Cal Edison has graciously put it off until november 1. I guess the So Cal Gas Co. is probably lubing up for sloppy seconds this winter

Comment

my girlfriend is an asshole fucker, and she thinks it should be like 66 degrees all of the time. I'm like dying of pneumonia, and she thinks the AC needs to be colder.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb
                        my girlfriend is an asshole fucker, and she thinks it should be like 66 degrees all of the time. I'm like dying of pneumonia, and she thinks the AC needs to be colder.
                        Damn!! I thought my ex-wife was bad... she used to keep it on like between 68 and 70.

Comment

We are getting slammed in the ass by Baltimore Gas & Electric (BG&E) in MD. We just dodged a 72% utility increase bullet. The whole state is in an uproar over this issue. We're getting the increase. But I think they are going to try and ease into it. I still sucks the big one!!!
                          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                            I have CLECO, which has the cheapest utility rates in the nation. Even blasting my A/C day and night, my bill does not get over around $225. That is cheap in comparison to my girlfriend who has Entergy in New Orleans. She barely runs her window units (because she at my house most of the time) and her bill was $330 this month...for an 800 Sq.Ft apartment.

Mike
                            She should take down her meter readings herself. One thing I found managing my boss' apartments is that the meter readers don't always come out and read the meters, they estimate based on previous readings. They might be charging her based on her usage when she was there all the time.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I keep my house at 75 degrees. Last months bill was over 350.00 for cooling etc. of 2300 sq. feet of home. We cook on the grill as much as we can during the hot months also.
                              The Buzzard does not fear
                              The man in riot gear
                              Harvest a skull of stone
                              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Damn - did Enron get back into business? We used to have Cinergy in Cinci, but now it's Duke, and I've already heard plenty of rape complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                X