Raped by the power Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raped by the power Co.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else out ther was recently ASS raped the the power co. We here in So Cal just experienced the hottest July on record. The Temp was over 105 every day for 3 weeks with 85% humidity. The required the AC to be alot. So what does So Cal Edision decide to do? They decide to retucture their rates! My bill tripled it went from $185.00 for July of last year to $400.00 this year and i barely exceeded the same amount of killowat hrs. I feel the Edison is fucking the customer once again. My neighbor has a larger house and his bill was $625 for the month. These rates are fucking ridiculus. Anyone else?

Not just you , TXU has us bent over here as well.
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

My July bill just came $208.00, It's normaly around $100.00
      Last edited by FATKAT; 08-03-2006, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Just don't use A/C

I didn't, and my bill stayed around $15!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

California used to have some of the cheapest elec. cost in nation years ago, George W. and his buddies took off the regulations and wham bam right in the ass
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

My last power bill was $72 for 2 months. I was in California when the power cos had to pay spot prices for electricity and we were raped by Enron and others. I hope it isn't happening again. It's supply and demand and when the demand is more than supply, the price goes up. The rising rates is also a force feeding to reduce demand. Jimmy Carter had it right all along. Just live with an extra 15 degrees either way.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Just don't use A/C

I didn't, and my bill stayed around $15!
              I don't know where you are? but you can't do that here.

Comment

Originally posted by FATKAT
                I don't know where you are? but you can't do that here.
                Sure you can. Just sweat bullets and do what most civilized nations do when it gots hot. Take a siesta. http://dbacich.bol.ucla.edu/siesta.htm

Comment

I have CLECO, which has the cheapest utility rates in the nation. Even blasting my A/C day and night, my bill does not get over around $225. That is cheap in comparison to my girlfriend who has Entergy in New Orleans. She barely runs her window units (because she at my house most of the time) and her bill was $330 this month...for an 800 Sq.Ft apartment.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Move to Memphis. Not only will you get ass raped they won't even have the decency to lube up first then they'll break that shit off up in there!

We have one of the highest, if not the highest tax rates in the country at almost 10%. The electric co. raises the rates on natural gas during the winter and electricity during the summer.

It's not uncommon for me to pay $350 to $400 a month. I can't speak for Cali of course, but I believe the prices go up like that because of the shitheads that won't get off their asses and work for living takes advantage of these funds setup to help people pay their utility bill.

Of course the sick and elderly don't qualify for that!!
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I have the Bonneville Power Hydro system up here. So far, the bills have been way tolerable. I hope it stays that way. Just a thought. Our great grandparents would be laughing their longjohns off at what a bunch of whiney asses we are because, "I'm too hot". "I'm too cold." Air conditioning and central heat have made us a bunch of muffins.

Comment

My meter reading is tomorrow. I am sure the bill will be off the charts.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If your provider has balanced billing do that...you pay the same bill every month...keeps you from having a $100 bill in January and then a $900 bill in August.

you really can't do much about it either em, they have you by the nads. Sure they have competition but it doesnt do much good...at least here in Texas...TXU sucks...My wife switched us to Reliant...their rates were a little better on the balanced billing thingy for a while then it went to $435/month...Our home is little over 3000 sq ft
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

The control of electricity; heating oil and natural ice, I mean gas, has gone past the point of letting local, not so local, utilities determine rates. If there was ever a place to nationalize commodities that are our lifeblood, these are them. This thread is showing how out of whack this is. I guess it's my Commie heritage coming out, but why should A pay 5X more than B.? Oh, I know!!!!! That's what corporate America is all about. There are places where the Common Weal should be more important and this is one of them.

Comment

Some of you guys are paying $400+ /month for electricity? That is BS... Even $150/month is out of line in my mind.

I make pretty good money IMO, and a $200/month electric bill on a regular basis would be difficult for me to handle to say the least. $400? Forget it... I'd be screwed.

My AC has been down all summer until yesterday. What I got out of paying in bills went to the heating and cooling company to the tune of $200.

Living ain't cheap!
                              Last edited by khabibissell; 08-03-2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X