No announcement yet.

My video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK cool...I've been called a Joker and a Douche. Just because you guys are single, desperate, and want to fuck her doesn't mean that I'm not trying to help her musically. I think my post was constructive, No? You can't help someone progress by telling them that they already rock....just because they may be a cute chick. Man, some of you guys are pathetic.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Another case of "resurectum" banter... Move along folks.. there's nothing more to see here...
      The Buzzard does not fear
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone
      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I gotta agree with Mark. I think most of you guys would have a totally different POV on this if the poster was a dude. It's great to give someone kudos for having the guts to post a clip. However, Mark did make some good points that will help her a lot more than most of the posts in this thread.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          I gotta agree with Mark. I think most of you guys would have a totally different POV on this if the poster was a dude. It's great to give someone kudos for having the guts to post a clip. However, Mark did make some good points that will help her a lot more than most of the posts in this thread.

Pete
          Honestly guys, if any one of us posted that you'd all be throwin' tomatoes and posting the same "practice, then post" posts.

Let's get real here, she's attractive and she needs a bunch of practice on the guitar. Plain and simple. There's nothing wrong with tellin' it like it is.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
            There's nothing wrong with tellin' it like it is.
            Exactly!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just for the record, I didn't call anyone anything. Being that she is in Atlanta, I am in Syracuse and have had the same Girlfriend for 4 years, I am in no way treating this like that. After reading it again, I guess the majority of the post is constructive with the exception of the "Your timing sucks". Maybe that could have been phrased differently.

You have to learn to step on soeones shoes without disturbing the shine. I learned that from being the boss in many different situations and also from being in many different bands.

Matt

Comment

I teach. I've found encouragement and compliments work wonders. Then I slip in my advice for improvement. Despite the general media war against teachers who are coddling our "too sensitive" kids, I find the opposite is the true. Most people never get any validation in life whatsoever. Maybe that's a good lesson to learn, toughens you up so that you don't go looking for validation, but maybe that's also why so many people are miserable motherfuckers.

Comment

I've heard quite a few guys post their stuff that was very basic beginner stuff and no one said a word about it and certainly didn't give them a hard time about it.

I think it's in very poor taste to negatively criticize anyone for learning and sharing their experience on a music related forum.
                  Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                    OK cool...I've been called a Joker and a Douche. Just because you guys are single, desperate, and want to fuck her doesn't mean that I'm not trying to help her musically. I think my post was constructive, No? You can't help someone progress by telling them that they already rock....just because they may be a cute chick. Man, some of you guys are pathetic.
                    Mark I was just messin around thats why I put all the bouncy smilies Although I think your wording could have been better but hey what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
                      Mark I was just messin around thats why I put all the bouncy smilies Although I think your wording could have been better but hey what do I know.
                      Fair enough, Mark may have come off as a little abrasive at the end there, but all in all good advice. Like the Marines, they strip ya down and build ya back up again !!

(now we're imagining her stripped down ... STOP IT ya perverts !!! )

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                        Way off base brother, I think the idea of your post was constructive. But honestly, there is nothing constructive about telling someone their playing sucks, no matter how you rationalize it.

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                        There's nothing wrong with tellin' it like it is.

My 2 cents.
                        I agree heart, but, "Telling it like it is", can be done without trashing someones playing. Even if it does need work.

I play an hour a day, a few days a week. And I've been doing so for about seven years now. Do I think im a decent guitar player, sure, but Im sure that most of the guys here could outplay me any day of the week, and Im ok with that.

I bet you'd see a lot more people post their vids and clips if they didnt think they'd get trashed for doing it. This is exactly why I dont post my clips here.

Later,

Steve
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Ha! I just noticed that this thread was started in July! Girlyplaya hasn't even posted here since August. Damn, and I wasted all of that great advice on someone who probably doesn't even read this forum any more.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

<crickets>...

She hasn't been back so perhaps she has a life

I agree it takes balls to post a clip like that. Shows potential especially given the amount of time she's been playing. I wish everyone here who seems to walks the talk but never seem back it up with a clip or 2 of their playing.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sounds pretty good Heather. You've come quite a ways in your 4 months. Keep up the good work and you'll be smokin a lot of people in no time.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post

Pete

100% agreed. You guys are all a bunch of desperate leg humpers.
                                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                                X