My video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My video!

Ok, I finally got a short video clip put up on myspace and hopefully I posted it right. This is the first riff I learned to play with some tapping. I definitely need loads of improvement. I have only been playing for 4 months, but I can use all the feedback to help. Here it is-

http://www.myspace.com/williamsheather

You started that tapping out really good! Needs some improvement towards the end though...try playing it slowly and clean and then gradually speed up.

You're getting really good at guitar! I couldn't play this well when I was playing for four months!

Comment

You ROCK sweety!

Keep practicing and you'll put us all to shame within a year.
      PS- you don't look a day over 30. (I'm 50 too)
      Strat God Music
      http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Sounds really good for only 4 months, my tapping was a lot sloppier at 4 months than your's in the video... And there's no way you're 51.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

The tapping sounded good. Take your time learning, focus on your technique, get a metronome if you can and... PRACTICE!

Sounds like you have quite a full plate going there with the motocross and all. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
            And there's no way you're 51.
            +1
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

EVH and Vai in your top 8!!!!!

Comment

Hey what happened to girlyplaya? Must have taken up another hobby Haven't seen a post in some time.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

And how/why was this moved from the MP3 section? Are all the vids gonna be moved?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    And how/why was this moved from the MP3 section? Are all the vids gonna be moved?
                    Maybe the admins realised that nobody was in fact "listening" to it :ROTF:
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Please don't be offended by my total honesty
                      ....but I would practice a BUNCH more before I started posting vids of me playing. Very sloppy, and obviously in the early stages of learning to play guitar. Your timing sucks. Even if the riffs are sloppy, work on the timing. Always remember, the music is more than just the mechanical "knowing what note to play"...it's all about timing and feel. Buy a metronome. 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234....ya know?
                      Just trying to help.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                        ....but I would practice a BUNCH more before I started posting vids of me playing. Very sloppy, and obviously in the early stages of learning to play guitar. Your timing sucks. Even if the riffs are sloppy, work on the timing. Always remember, the music is more than just the mechanical "knowing what note to play"...it's all about timing and feel. Buy a metronome. 1234 1234 1234 1234 1234....ya know?
                        Just trying to help.
                        Dont listen to this joker.

Good Job, especially for how long you've been playing. Not saying he's wrong, (about the technical aspects), but know that there are worse players out there who've been playing for a lot longer than you. Takes balls to post a vid, as a new player, to this kind of audience.

Rock on.
                        Last edited by UFORocks; 10-15-2006, 08:42 PM.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Great job and congrats to you for posting that knowing its not perfect. Seems to me by your page you are a conquerer of all things. An all around live life to the fullest type...... Bet in a couple years you will put EVH to shame.......BTW.....U R ....HOT .....please Marry me
                          Last edited by quakana; 10-15-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Just trying to help.

That was in no way constructive criticism.

Comment

Just trying to help.

Douche

Comment

Working...
                              X