No announcement yet.

things you play to show off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really play to "show off",but when trying out a new axe,it's always the "Diary" intro on the clean channel,and more or less whatever comes to mind on the crunchy side.

But due to the old HP commercial with the Fender theme,right before I unplug,I crank it and play Smoke On The Water,just because it makes my wife laugh.....
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
      I'll gently strum a couple of cowboy chords. maybe play some jazzy sounding 9ths further up the neck. And then place the guitar on its stand, before pulling my trousers back up to the sound of rapturous applause from the assembled masses.
      I can't remove that image from my head now!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

you'd think from some of these responses that people aren't taking this thread seriously
        Hail yesterday

Comment

No Really?
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I always play riffs first whenever testing something .In the riffs department I'm usually playing some Metallica riffs. Sometimes I even like playing riffs pisspoor badly

Until one of the clerks or some other customers start looking at me and laughing while thinking to theirselves 'oh look another Metallica noobie' at which point I start playing some Tekken II or some fast thrashy rhythm with single notes thrown in like some Iced Earth. And I just give those bastards a big shitfaced grin.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
              you'd think from some of these responses that people aren't taking this thread seriously
              I've been reading all these and don't know why you would say something like that. I just didn't realize so many of us play guitar with with our dicks. And I thought I was the only one. There sure is a lot of hidden talent on this forum.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
                I always play riffs first whenever testing something .In the riffs department I'm usually playing some Metallica riffs. Sometimes I even like playing riffs pisspoor badly

Until one of the clerks or some other customers start looking at me and laughing while thinking to theirselves 'oh look another Metallica noobie' at which point I start playing some Tekken II or some fast thrashy rhythm with single notes thrown in like some Iced Earth. And I just give those bastards a big shitfaced grin.
                that'd be pretty funny.

I was chatting to one of the staffers at my local guitar store the other day. The entire time I'd been in the store, maybe a half hour or so as I checked out guitars, dug through the sheet music sale pile, etc, some hippy had been pounding heavily on some poor acoustic and I made a comment about the poor staff having to put up with these bad impromptu instore concerts every day. He said they eventually get to a point where they just tune it all out anyway.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I play Ace's rippin' solo from '100,000 years' off of KI$$ Alive I, making all of the point of no return faces that I can grimace. They are usually left speechless.

Comment

I usually dont play guitars in public anymore unless Im playing a show, if I play at work whatever it is its usually louder than everyone else who are playing to "show off" to kind of make a statement of sorts.

Comment

I play Far Beyond the Sun backwards with my left nut. I can't do sweeps with my nut though, even after practicing with a metronome, so I use the ol' tallywhacker for that.If I need to use a whammy, I just put it...er, nevermind.
                      Gets 'em everytime though, highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                      X