things you play to show off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things you play to show off

sometimes there are these times where you just gotta show off..
    for example picking up a guitar at school and suddenly there's a group of people around you expecting you to play something.. or when going into a music store..

what do you play to show off?

i usually run some blues/pentatonic scales.. people seem to like that..
    or popular songs..

i noticed that if you play complex stuff.. people will be like huh? like shredding.. ( i cant shred but saw ppl do it ) however when u play simple popular songs.. all these emo kids think ur good

whats ur opinion
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Stairway to Heaven or Free Bird :ROTF:

Comment

Sorry man,but I have to do it before someone else (read RacerX)! Hah!

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
        Stairway to Heaven or Free Bird :ROTF:
        Exactly.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

some sweeping or some cool wang bar stuff.... hey we should do some audio clips and videos - have our own betcha can't play this!! lets see who's the biggest attention whore!!

Comment

After I fart I hit an E5 chord.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
              After I fart I hit an E5 chord.
              Wow, that IS good...
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I can play an E5 cord with my farts.

Comment

I play the jazz chord I know.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I play the solo from Cinammon Girl.
                    Just a guitar player...

Comment

As soon as people gather expecting me to try and boost my ego, I'll quit playing. I can't stand when people expect you to play something. "Hey you play guitar, play something" No. These people aren't looking for the art and musical experience of a guitar they just want the "wow" factor. They also just want to hear their favorite Dave Matthews song so they can try and sing along, no. I may be alone in this but I won't do it. I'll gladly jam with my fellow musicians or play for fun around people when I'm not pushed into doing it otherwise, I'll pass.

Comment

I always end up playing Trilogy (can't help it) and it sounds totally like a traffic accident. When i look up, people are gone :ROTF:
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I just have to ride my bicycle to show off. It rules at summertime.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

As soon as people gather expecting me to try and boost my ego, I'll quit playing. I can't stand when people expect you to play something.

dude i know exactly what you mean i dunno why but i used to play violin and sing on command for 12 years and now i just can't do it for certain people...namely my mum...

Comment

Show us this fly-hoopty bike of yours noodle!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X