No announcement yet.

Peavey???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say I'm jonesing for a PV or anything.
    If you get the line, I may be interested in an import tele clone they make.
    Something to kick around at the office with.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
      what about the hot pink Adrian Vandenberg model..
      or the puzzle vandy! that was cool.

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I play my Classic 30 probably 90% of the time I actually get to plug in.

J.

Comment

their neckthru basses are really nice!
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I am very familiar with Peavey line and yes the amps are nice, XXX, JSX, 6505, and the classic series the 30, 50 and delta blues are all great tube amps and the transtube series is some of the better SS stuff out there, guitars is a whole nuther thing, they are all imports now and are dogs to sell, with no resale value, Except for the US made HP Special, the HP special is still basically made to order and It actually is a better guitar than the Wolfgang, but I think Geoff at Wolfgang guitars is the main sorce for obtaining one of these, oh yeah the new Chinese made Valve king tube amp is still going thru some growing pains, they are selling a lot of them, tho
            Last edited by FusionFarmer; 06-27-2006, 04:59 PM.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas
              their neckthru basses are really nice!
              Our bassist recently got a Peavey Grind NTB-5 bass, it is neck-thru and mahagony... it is an AMAZING value for the price (he paid about 350,00€).

I think the amps are great because they are affordable, but sound good and are rock solid. I still own my Peavey XXL for backup purposes.

A few years ago I tried some of the V-type guitars, which were just as nice.

So, in a nutshell, I don't think you can do any wrong with getting Peavey on board.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I have a couple of Peavey Triumph 60 combos which are the ancestors of the Triple XXX and JSX (3-channel tube amps) and they're awesome amps for the dough! Both are probably close to 20 years old and very reliable. I had a Predator guitar once and thought it was as nice as a USA Fender Strat, though dirt cheap used compared to a Strat! I bought it and sold it for $75!

Peavey's customer service treats people right too, and you'll benefit from that too, Matt. Reasonably priced gear that performs, is rugged and the manufacturer stands firmly behind the product. I don't know what the downside might be, but seems like they'd sell well, especially the new Valveking amps which are getting great reviews and are really cheap. And the kids who buy a Valveking when they're 15 will be back for a 6505 or JSX in a couple of years too.

30 years ago Peavey was seen as second-rate, but I don't think that perception applies as much as it used to. Those who still feel that way tend to be older, and the kids don't pay much attention to the old coots anyway! Unless they require a huge-dollar buyin, I think it'd be a good idea.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X