Peavey???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey???

Hey guys - Much to my surprise the local Peavey rep has contacted me about pulling out of the shop he's been dealing with for the last 25 years and bringing the line over here.

I'd be interested to see what everyones thoughts are on the Peavey line of products.

Thanks!
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Like the amps.

Comment

I like the new HP special CT they replaced the Wolfgang with. I never liked the upper bout of the Wolfie. Rocking looking guitar to me...

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Great amplifiers! I like everything from the smaller combo's (Blaze I think they're called?) to the tube heads. The 6505 is a lotta people's favorites along with the JSX too. I think their power amps are suppose to be really good too

Comment

while i don't play peavey stuff myself...their quality is good and the local store down here that sells them (ken stanton music) seems to do very well with them...what could it hurt?...give it a trial run...after all...he contacted you, not the other way around...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

do it!! they have a good reputation and a solid product line.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Good amps. Never tried a Peavey guitar.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Great amps!!...great bang for the buck! The 5150 (or whatever they're called now) heads are still a staple in HM and Rock music, My opinion they will always sell...the XXX's and JSX's sound great!

Not too sure about the guitars though. Never played a Wolfie but I do like the look of the guitar line.

Comment

I would say go for it! The only Peavey guitar I've ever played is the Wolfgang (which I love, got 2) but there amp line is great - 6505, JSX, XXX. And the Classic 30 is supposed to be a great blues amp. I've heard their power amps are good too. The only problem I see is perception, I think some folks still view their stuff as "beginner" equipment or lesser than Fender, Marshall, etc. For example, I was in the Woodstock Ken Stanton the other week to pick up strings and there was this guy (40-ish?) who seemed like he was getting back into playing (he was checking out a Strat and some amps) and I overheard him say "Peavey? They're still around?".
                  Last edited by jwoods986; 06-23-2006, 02:50 PM.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Do they still make the 5150 series amps? I always liked those. I think it's a great opportunity. My first quality amp was my little Backstage Plus in the mid 80's. I wish I still had that little pup.

chuck
                    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Yes, the 5150 is now the 6505. Same exact amp.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Peavey is a great company and I really like their stuff. They did a lot of stuff that was ahead of their time in terms on manufacturing and marketing that was amazing. You should check out the book about Heartly Peavey's life, it's a pretty good read.

And no, I'm not a Peavey shill, just think what they do is cool.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Oh yah, forgot about the Classic 30! That's one of my favorite amps too

Comment

Matt, I will soon be in the market for a 5150...er...I usually buy used though....
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Go for it! I personally am not a fan of the 6505/5150, but they certainly have their fans, and they sell very well! Peavey is a good established brand name with quality affordable equipment. I don't see any reason as a retailer why you would not want to...

Comment

Working...
                              X