No announcement yet.

OT: Who has a great job - what and where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I walked out of my job this morning after nine plus years. Boss said the wrong thing to me, and it was either cuss and swing or walk out the door. I told him fuck it I'm going home. He said if I left I needed to sign a quit slip, so I walked over to his desk, pulled one out, and John Hancock'd that sum bitch.

First time in my life I've ever walked off a job, but quitting there has been long overdue. Went job hunting this afternoon, and it appears I have a good shot at a service advisor/shop foreman job at a local Ford dealership. I'll still make the application rounds the next couple of days just in case that one doesn't pan out. The good thing for me is that most of the people interviewing me will be people I've dealt with professionally for the past nine plus years.

Comment

Good luck to you Razor and congrats by not taking any shit!!!

I think I have the best job ever right now. I am a design engineer for computer networks, more specifically around Cisco products. I used to run fiber optic cable in sludge filled manholes and that led me to what I do today. I worked my way up through the ranks and now I work out of my house and have tons of free time to spend with my family and on my house and get paid very well. I really dont have a boss to answer to, and have been only working maybe 30 hours a week lately. Some weeks its 80 hours but for the most part I have it easy. I am just waiting for it all to come crashing down on me but have my fingers crossed. It really sucks hearing about all of the Bros here who have had layoffs and have been let go. The US economy is so fucked up now that I think there is more to come. Best of luck to all you guys!
      Last edited by quakana; 06-15-2006, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I am a claims rep. for the Veteran Administration. I work up the incoming claims from veterans. Being a Navy vet and helping other vets is the most rewarding job I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker
          I am a claims rep. for the Veteran Administration. I work up the incoming claims from veterans. Being a Navy vet and helping other vets is the most rewarding job I can think of.
          Hey Bro, Thank you for your service!

A~
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Pharmacist-Manager on staff when I work, Pay and benefits are awesome, You get a respected profession where you can contribute to the community and help people in their health. There is a pharmacist shortage (10,000 positions not filled last year)...so if work sucks I can tell my employer to go get bent, and find a new job-probably with more money in 5 minutes. Downside-on feet for 12 hour shifts. Can be stressfull on day shift-I work nights. Current requirements. 6 Year Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Pharmacy College of your choice. Pass National Pharmacy Boards and local State Law exam. New condensed programs are becoming available-you finish program in 3 years(no summer breaks)-check Massachusetts College of Pharmacy. You'll basically get your ass kicked getting through this program. But you'll be making $120,00.00 to $150,00.00 a year at an hourly rate. Overtime is usually time and a half (and there is plenty of it) And if you get sick of Pharmacy you can use your Degree as a Premed prerequisite-and become a Doctor.

Comment

Wow I feel like such a bum...I'm a library maintenance guy...set up tables, take down tables, mop, sweep, empty trash cans...essentially a janitor.

Comment

OT: Who has a great job - what and where

I just did this at dell - server hardware test engineer - shiping to you June 7th! :
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                X