Buying a bike this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a bike this week.

I am a sport bike rider. I need a my track days. Anyway... I am down between two bikes, CBR600F4i or a Ducati Monster. Both can be traken on the the track but both are really built for the street. Anyone have any opinions on either of these?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Tetsuo, I would imagine that the Honda is going to offer more perforamance for the dollar and be more easily maintained. Also, aftermarket upgrades are going to be more plentiful for it.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I would but the Honda.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey! I just got myself a new bike too. Have you looked at any Yamahas? Here's my '06 Raven YZF 600R:

They are great machines with fully adjustable suspension, great handling and a powerful, bulletproof motor. I just upgraded from an FZ6 and couldn't be happier. It is a direct competitor with the CBR F4i and $1500 - $1800 cheaper. The only real downside is that it is not fuel injected... I can live with that personally. I was in a similar situation in that I didn't want to get a track bike (R6) for the street. Anyway, Check one out!
        Last edited by khabibissell; 06-11-2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Honda seems like the sensible option, but a Ducati has the unmistakable 'air of coolness' about it.

I don't even have my bikelicense yet, I took some ridinglessons and going to get more intense on them. Still got 2 yrs before I can even apply for the license and take the test, so I got time....

Dreambike here is a WCC Dominator or an overall Dominator type, though.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
            Tetsuo, I would imagine that the Honda is going to offer more perforamance for the dollar and be more easily maintained. Also, aftermarket upgrades are going to be more plentiful for it.

chuck

+1
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Actually the Ducati would be cheaper. If you don't know about the monster it is a special breed of ducati (I owned a 996 before) It is a a street racer and if you go with the dark version it is super stripped down. Both versions are close in the 620 CC range at 7000 for the dark and 7500. The CBR 600 is at 8500. The ducati is really tripped down.

I love the Yamaha's but they were never comfortable to ride for me. The Ducati is the most comfortable but for the track the Honda would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
                Actually the Ducati would be cheaper.
                Not when it comes to maintenance or reliability.

Oh wait, you had a 996? So, you're probably real familiar with draggin' out the wallet!

Comment

You listen to Racer. He's an expert on "Everything":ROTF: :ROTF:
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Isn't the Monster the M900?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Not when it comes to maintenance or reliability.

Oh wait, you had a 996? So, you're probably real familiar with draggin' out the wallet!

Yes indeed Maint is high on Ducks but I love the unique sound.

John it is actually either a 620 or the new 07 675 if I can find it. Lil more comfortable than the honda's as far as street riding. Actually maybe a perfect bike for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                        You listen to Racer. He's an expert on "Everything":ROTF: :ROTF:
                        Yup. Been riding motorcycles for about 20 years now.

Comment

I'm more into classic bikes, I ride a BSA.. but here is what I think about your choices..
                          The Ducati is your best choice, truely a quality bike. Also there is NO bike that doesnt need repairs and money spending on it.. so thats not what you should think about, just take the best quality one, because quality stands in its own level, preformance and durability.

Comment

If you're doing track days the Honda would easily be the choice IMO, PLUS all the mags have 600 shootouts in them at the moment and surprisingly in two of the mags the Triumph 675 wins. Although the Honda there is the RR and not the F4i. I've been thinking about the new Yamaha FZ1 cause I guess I'd like to put in a few trips along the way and in the past I've gone cross country on a couple different crotch rockets and it's not exactly comfortable and I need to face the reality that I am getting a little older.
                            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

"Buy a good helmet too" - Ben Rothleisberger

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X